MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Seadrill's Profits Are Strong but Investors Fret Over Outlook
- Why Plug Power Inc. Has Skyrocketed 271% in 2014
- 3 Reasons The Dow Chemical Company's Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Digital Realty Trust, Inc.?s Management Wants You to Know,
- Why ?Sin City: A Dame to Kill For? Flopped, and What We Can Learn From It
- 3 Value Stocks to Consider for Your Portfolio