For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Tyler Technologies Going to Burn You?
- Can Its New CEO Lead Chesapeake to Greatness?
- Some Numbers at G-III Apparel Group that Make Your Stock Look Good
- This Metric Says You're Smart to Own Kadant
- This Just In: Upgrades and Downgrades
- Report: Southeast Asia Smartphone Market Grows 61% on Heels of Android Popularity