For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why This Emerging Trend Could Boost lululemon athletica's Sales
- Should Sony Be Scared of Microsoft's Next-Generation Gaming Platform?
- Seadrill's Profits Are Strong but Investors Fret Over Outlook
- Should Gilead Sciences, inc. Fear This New Competitor Drug?
- 5 Things CSX's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Windstream Holdings, Inc.'s Stock Could Rise