For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Solar Panels You Buy Matter--A Quick Guide for Better Decisions
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How
- Is Amazon Stock Completely Overvalued?
- Is Procter & Gamble's Dividend Truly Safe?
- A Price to Sales Analysis: Is Netflix Inc. Stock Expensive Today?
- A Foolish Take on Twitter's Analyst Day Marathon