For example, if the fund has a front-end load of 5%, for every $100 you place into the fund, only $95 is invested, with $5 going to the salesperson and/or mutual fund company. The Motley Fool has in the past advised investors to mutual funds with no loads.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Is Sony Corporation Entering the Drone Market?
- Will Thursday Be a Rough Day for LINN Energy LLC's Investors?
- Are These 2 Big Pharmas Really Buyout Candidates?
- Israel Auctions Its Military-Industrial Complex: How Much Is It Worth?
- Should Investors Worry About Record-High Auto Loan Lengths?
- Have Rite Aid Shares Gotten Too Pricey?