A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tech Stocks Weekly: AAPL, IBM, MSFT, GOOG, FB and The News You Need to Know
- 3 Things Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- Could Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Pacific Biosciences of California Earnings Rocket Higher on Roche Deal
- Stericycle, Inc.'s Earnings: Turning Trash Into Treasure