A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Raven Industries Inc. Reveals Another Tough Quarter
- Boeing Sees a Brave "New World" for Planes Business
- Veeva Systems Inc. Continues Its Steady March to Dominance
- Best Buy's Up-and-Down Performance Continues
- Wall Street Is Dead Wrong About KNOT Offshore Partners
- Clear Sailing for TJX Companies Inc. and Ross Stores Inc.