A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Drones Over Asia: Northop Grumman Wins a Massive Military Contract
- Is SolarCity Stock a Bargain for Investors?
- How DISH Betrayed Customers To Strike A Deal With CBS
- These 3 Weird iPhone Rumors Are Probably Wrong
- Wal-Mart Slashes Apple iPhone 6 Prices
- The Best Healthcare Stocks of 2014: Which Is Our Favorite for 2015?