A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- High Volatility in Cotton: Should You Buy or Sell?
- Could Carlos Slim Steal T-Mobile From Sprint?
- Tuesday's Top News Headlines
- United Technologies Beats Q2 Targets; Sikorsky Helicopter Contract Helps
- Verizon Communications Adds 1.4 Million Wireless Subscribers in Q2
- Why is Textron so Appealing to Shareholder Activists?