A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Lockheed Martin's Littoral Combat Ship Is Finally Making Headway -- but Is It Too Late?
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Why DigitalGlobe, Inc. Dropped Despite a Strong Q2
- What's Nike Inc.'s Secret Sauce?
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- Chevron's Earnings Get Clobbered This Quarter; Here's What You Need to Know