A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- AT&T Inc. Earnings: Shares Rise on Hopeful Guidance
- Apple Inc. Earnings: Explosive Performance on the Back of Booming iPhone 6 Sales
- Corning Incorporated Turns In Another Great Quarter
- Freeport-McMoRan Earnings: Profits Disappear as Oil, Copper Plunge
- Is The Container Store Paying Its Employees Too Much?
- This Telling Figure Insinuates Big Pharma Could Be in Big Trouble