A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Defense News Roundup: More Nukes for U.S. and Allies, and Are Hueys Heading to Lebanon?
- Is Activision Blizzard's $500 Million "Destiny" a $1.5 Billion Disappointment?
- Will FuelCell Energy Inc. Find Success Replicating SolarCity's Business Model?
- Sprint's iPhone for Life: Good Deal or Gimmick?
- Can Investing in Diamonds Supercharge Your Portfolio?
- SpaceX Stock: How Much Is It Worth?