A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should You Follow Goldman Sachs Advice on Oil Stocks?
- 1 Must-Watch Interview for ExOne Co. Investors
- Was CVS' Cigarettes Decision the Right One?
- 5 Things The Walt Disney Co's Management Wants You To Know
- Intuit Earnings: 2015 Is Turning Out to Be a Transition Year
- 5 Things Dominion Resources, Inc.'s Management Wants You To Know