A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- 2 Reasons This Gold Miner Can Go From Good to Great
- Boeing Lands a Blockbuster Sale -- That No One Has Heard About
- Apple Inc.?s Slowing iPad Business Is a Win For Shareholders
- Why You Can't Watch "House of Cards" Season 3 in New Zealand, and What That Means for Netflix
- 10 Things Everyone Should Know About Solar Energy