A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Be Wary of SolarCity Stock
- 2 Advantages Dish Network's New Service has Over Traditional Cable
- Apple Watch Better Be More iPhone Than iPad
- Which Elon Musk Stock Is the Better Buy: Tesla or SolarCity?
- Did Researchers Just Discover a Functional Cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy?
- U.S. Says No Weapons for Ukraine... but Here, Slovakia, Have a Few Helicopters