A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- China Serves Up a New Airplane. Will It Eat Boeing's Lunch?
- Is Energy Transfer Partners' Sky High Distribution Yield A Bad Omen?
- Exactly How Big Is TASER's British Camera Contract?
- The Best Energy ETF of the Week: Time to Buy on the Dip?
- 3 Stocks We're Ready to Sell
- Variable Annuities Can Be a Prescription for Trouble