A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Does Lockheed Martin Want to Put Exoskeletons on Workers?
- Is the Latest Round of Russia Sanctions a Threat to ExxonMobil?
- Apple, Inc.'s iPad is Running Into Trouble in the Education Market
- Has Ukraine Shot Itself in the Foot With Gas Pipeline Deal?
- Why Taking the PepsiCo-Anheuser-Busch InBev Relationship a Big Step Further Makes Sense
- 5 Things Union Pacific Corporation's Management Wants You to Know