A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This $23 Billion Winner Has Been Buying Microsoft, SeaWorld, and Dollar Tree
- Can Potash Prices Go Anywhere But Up From Here?
- Don't Buy Potash Stocks on the Ukraine Conflict
- 3 Natural Gas Davids Challenging the Transportation Goliath
- There Is 1 Clear Loser Between Russia and Ukraine
- The Dow's 5 Most Loved Stocks