A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation vs. Google Inc: Let The Android Wars Begin!
- Micron Technology Inc. May Look Cheap, but Investors Beware
- Why Shares of Intel Corp. Slumped 11.7% in June
- How to Cash In on the Best Stocks in Pharmacy Benefit Management
- When Will Netflix, Inc. Enter India? (Hint: Don't Hold Your Breath)
- 2 Stocks to Watch in Personal Computing