A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 9 Statistics Every Expert Homebuyer Should Follow
- Here's the Reason Apple Inc. Will Charge More for the iPhone 6
- PlayStation 4 Sales Pass 7 Million Units and Give Hope to the Console Industry
- This Medical Marijuana Stock Is Not What You Think
- What General Electric Company Revealed About the Year Ahead
- 1 Great Dividend You Can Buy Right Now