A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Home Depot's Management Wants You to Know
- Aerospace and Defense Major Diversified Industry: Investing Essentials
- 3 Things T-Mobile's Management Wants You to Know
- Is This Dividend Stock Worth Your Time?
- 3 Value Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- 3 Reasons Express Scripts Holding Company Stock Could Fall