A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Top Stocks for Fighting Climate Change
- How to Invest Money in Natural Gas
- Apple, LinkedIn, and Baidu: 3 Must-Watch Tech Earnings Reports Next Week
- Should Nokia Corporation Launch New Smartphones?
- Why I Still Believe in Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
- Qlik Technologies Inc. Rises as CEO Cites Larger "Addressable Market"