A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Unfairly Beaten-Down Consumer Stocks
- Alcoa Gets Earnings Season Off to a Bad Start
- Why Fiscal 2016 Might Be an Uncomfortable One for Apple Inc. Shareholders
- How Microsoft Corporation's Hardware Strategy Combines The Best of Apple and Google
- Cliffs Natural Resources Stock Is Falling Hard Today -- Here's Why
- 3 Unfairly Beaten-Down Tech Stocks