A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Lockheed Martin Reports Earnings: Should Investors Be Pleased or Worried?
- Here's What This Billion-Dollar Financial Advisor Has Been Buying and Selling
- What's Wrong With AT&T Inc. Today?
- Lockheed Martin Corporation Earnings Surge, but Share Price Sinks
- Apache Sees Opportunity in 2014 and Beyond
- Here's Why You Should Capitalize on Alcatel-Lucent?s Pullback