A sales contract in a real estate transaction is a legal document containing initially an offer from the buyer to purchase the property for a specified price and laying out terms and conditions such as method of payment, date of possession, and requesting any extras. Negotiations follow between buyer and seller until seller is willing to accept terms of the contract and signs it.
The terms of the contract are normally completed at the close of the transaction.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Qiagen NV Growth Prospects Offset Sagging HPV Test Demand
- While Oil Prices Are Stuck in the Sand, U.S. Silica Holdings Is Cranking out Record Earnings
- Catamaran Corp Sails Through Third Quarter
- 3 Huge Risks Facing Amazon
- Rosetta Stone Earnings: Is the Thesis Changing?