ROCKWOOD (NYSE: ROC) is a global developer, manufacturer and marketer of technologically advanced, high value-added specialty chemicals and advanced materials used for industrial and commercial purposes.
- Rockwood Lithium. Rockwood is the parent of Chemetall and Foote Minerals, which bills itself as the Lithium Corporation, and mines lithium carbonate in Chile.
- Chemetal Surface Treatment, specializing in the cleaning and phosphatizing of especially steel to resist corrosion
- Rockwood Pigments a supplier of pigments, especially iron oxide pigments for paints, concrete and related applications
- Sachtleben titanium dioxide pigments made in Germany and Finland.
- CeramTec high performance ceramics for application like artificial hip joints
- GOMET makes rubber, thermoplastic and polyurethane parts for the auto aftermarket. Typical applications are dust jackets for shock absorbers or replacement grease boots for steering parts.
In 2014, Albemarle announced plans to acquire Rockwood.