Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- You Thought Ron Paul Was Outspoken When He Was in Congress? You Won't Believe What He's Saying Now
- 5 Great Ways to Spend Your Income Tax Refund
- Is This Student Loan Debt Collection Tactic Out of Control?
- The First-Time Homebuyer's Guide to Getting a Loan
- 5 Keys to Successfully Investing in a Rental Property
- Why This Consumer Spending Trend Is Worrisome