Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Average American Has This Much Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- How to Solve for Equity Dividend Rate
- How to Find Total Current Assets
- Hide Your Wallet! This is How Much the Average American Pays in Taxes
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Financial Life in 2016
- Fiat Currency: What It Is and Why It's Better Than a Gold Standard