Retirement of debt
In the case of a business, the debt no longer appears on the firm's financial statements. In the case of a mortgage, the mortgage service company issues a statement releasing the property from the mortgage lien. This statement is recorded with the county recorder of deeds.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- Here's What This 149-Bagger Hedge Fund Has Been Buying and Selling
- 3 Dow Stocks Hiding Weak Growth Prospects With Share Buybacks
- Subsidized Versus Unsubsidized Student Loans -- Explained Simply!
- How to Consolidate Debt (The Right Way)
- The Typical American Has This Much In Home Equity -- How About You?