However, some mortgage lenders have been known to use teaser rates to attract business. Those rates can be far below market.
Borrowers are urged to fully investigate their interest rates before signing up for an ARM. You need to know what the monthly payments are likely to be when the teaser rate expires.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- Western Refining Wants to Buy Northern Tier Energy: What it Means for Investors
- Intuit Looks to Reset With Q1 2016 Earnings
- Mortgage Loans In the Future Could Look Very Different Than They Do Today
- 9 Times It's Smart to Be in Debt
- eBay Inc. Stock Looks Undervalued: Buying Opportunity?