Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could Organovo Holdings Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- Russia Sanctions: 5 Dividend Stocks That Might Be Affected
- 4 Energy Stocks I'll Be Buying If the Stock Market Crashes
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: 3D Systems Corporation
- Discover Financial Services Earnings: Record Rapid Growth Continues
- The Dow Jones Today Moved Triple Digits. What to Do Now?