Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did General Electric Company Abandon the "Smart Home" of the Future?
- A Simple Truth About Banks: Over the Long Run, Most Don't Make Money
- What the FCC?s Successful Spectrum Auction Really Means for Dish Networks
- Russia Can Survive An Oil Price War
- Inflation Is Good: Learn More About This Misunderstood Metric
- 5 Things All Transocean Investors Need to Know