Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Sears Holdings, Triangle Petroleum, and SanDisk Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Why BHP Will Fail Once Again in Acquiring PotashCorp
- 2014: The Year of Resurgence for the Canadian Energy Sector
- Total's Big Plans for Africa Will Provide Long-Term Growth
- Philly Fed: Manufacturing Growth Is Up
- 2 Ways to Invest in Politically Safe Canadian Oil Sands