Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Quick Steps to Plan for Retirement in Your 30s
- Does Clean Energy Fuels' Recent Announcement Bode Well for Westport Innovations?
- Baidu Inc (ADR) Launches Into Online-to-Offline Investments With Laundry App
- According to a New Study, if Banks Fail to Do This They'll "Die"
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- 3 Dividend Stocks Retirees Should Avoid