Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why XBiotech Inc. Made a U-Turn Today
- ExxonMobil Drops and Keurig Soars as Stocks Fall
- The Average American Has This Much Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- The Week Ahead: Goldman Sachs Gathers Financials Together, Consumer Credit
- Medicare Part A: Here's What You'll Pay in 2016
- Is This Dividend Aristocrat on Its Way Out?