Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- If Things Are Looking Up, Why is the Dow in the Dumps?
- Taper Talk Sends Markets Tumbling for Third Straight Day
- What to Expect From Magnum Hunter Resources in 2014
- S&P 500 Adds Facebook, and Budget News Sinks the Dow
- How Metal Is Financing the Oil Value Chain
- Where ConocoPhillips Plans to Spend its Money