Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Just Made Another $1.5 Billion -- But Shareholders Won?t See a Dime
- Is Tesla Motors Hiding Something?
- If You Buy Bank of America Today, You're Already Too Late
- Is OPEC Its Own Worst Enemy?
- 6 Quotes From Berkshire Hathaway's Greatest Ever Shareholder Letter
- Will Apple, Inc.'s 2015 Capital Return Update Be a Major Disappointment?