Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why WellCare Health Plans, Inc. Shares Fell
- 2 Things to Consider Before Buying Huntington Bancshares
- 3 Reasons MetLife Is Wasting Its Time Fighting the FSOC
- Is SandRidge Mississippian Trust II Worth a Long-Term Investment?
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- An Interview with Markel's Tom Gayner