Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Problem With Social Security Isn't Shrinking Reserves -- It's This
- 1 Big Reason Seadrill Will Survive the Drop in Oil
- Medicare for 2015: 3 Key Facts You Should Know
- Is Now the Best Time to Buy ConocoPhillips' Stock?
- Price of Gold in 2015: Can It Regain Its Luster?
- Oil Stocks: Oil Prices May Be Down, but We're Still Looking to Buy