Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Banks Got Their Yearly Report Card This Week
- Fool's Gold Report: Employment Report Sinks Gold, Silver; Freeport, Coeur Plunge
- Ominous Sign as Margin Debt Continues to Rise
- Sales at Olive Garden Are Plummeting. Why Is the Chain Struggling, and Will It Survive?
- What Happens With Russia and Ukraine Matters to Clean Energy Fuels, Chart Industries
- Ignoring Suncor Energy Inc Could Be an Expensive Choice