Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are FHA Loans Only for First-Time Homebuyers?
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates
- Why Uber Teamed Up With Starbucks, Open Table, and United Airlines
- 5 Retirement Quotes to Make You a Smarter Investor
- Microgrids Are Coming, and They Could Change the World
- Why This Consumer Spending Trend Is Worrisome