Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Bank Is Telling Us That the U.S. Economy Has Improved Dramatically
- Will Ford Motor Company's Recent Recall Put a Dent in Its First-Quarter?
- A Step in the Right Direction for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Shareholders
- Oil Prices To Fall or Fly Depending on Iranian Nuclear Talks
- Mark Zuckerberg at F8: 3 Innovations Facebook Inc Is Working On
- Why Real Estate Could Have a Great Summer