Reserves can mean a few different things in money & finance. Most prominently, (1) reserves can refer to money held back by a business in its financial statements to pay costs it thinks it will later incur, and (2) reserves in the oil & gas industry can refer to the amount of known or proven oil owned and maintained by a corporation.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Ugly Truth Behind the Student Loan Crisis
- U.S. Bancorp CEO Predicts a "Tsunami" of Economic Activity Before Federal Reserve's Interest Rate Hi
- 3 of the Best Hedge Funds
- Nearly 3 Out of 5 American Workers Have This Much Saved for Retirement
- The Best-Case Scenario for Bank of America's Stock
- Oil Stocks: Is a V-Shaped Recovery in the Works?