Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Idera Pharmaceuticals Shares Soared Today
- Why Dyax Corp Rocketed 22% Higher in November
- 3 Reasons to Buy Match Group Inc.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is Selling Off Today -- But Why?
- Forget Altria, These Are the Best Dividend Stocks to Own
- Hide Your Wallet! This is How Much the Average American Pays in Taxes