Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Could the Next Generation of Diabetes Treatments Be Found in This Illegal Drug?
- Why Is George Soros Buying This Beaten Down Biotech Stock?
- Is Bank of America on the Naughty or Nice List This Holiday Season?
- 3D Printing News: Talking HP, 2015, and More With Wohlers Associates
- The Mistake Even Supreme Court Justices Make
- Defense News: America's Submarines Could Soon Have Their Own Submarines