Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Apple Pay's Best Feature May Be the Reason It Fails
- 3 Things to Watch When LeapFrog Enterprises Inc. Reports Earnings
- What ?GTA V? for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One Means for Take-Two Interactive
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Finally Gets It Right
- How AbbVie Inc. Excelled in Third Quarter