Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stealthy, Superfast, Robotic "Ghost" Boats: Is This the Future of the U.S. Navy?
- T-Mobile Wants to Give You An iPad -- Sort Of
- Tragedy and Uncertainty Collide as Big Oil CEO Dies in Russian Plane Crash
- How Donald Trump Became an American Billionaire Icon
- Forget Tesla Motors Inc's Tiny Batteries, This Monster Battery Could Be the Future
- Shockingly This Company Ousted Apple as This Year's Brand Loyalty Leader