Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation vs. Google Inc: Let The Android Wars Begin!
- Baidu: The Risks and Potential Rewards of This Investment in China
- Why Caterpillar Stock Has Gone Nowhere So Far in 2015
- This Could Be Johnson & Johnson?s Future
- 3 Under-the-Radar Cancer Immunotherapy Developers You Need to Know
- The Key to Unlocking Value in Solar Energy