Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why You Should Cut Intel Some Slack
- Digital Baseball Cards Brighten Future for Topps
- 2 Reasons Why Merck & Co. Is Crushing the Dow
- Foreign Stocks: Balance Your Portfolio and Profit From Global Growth
- Why Zogenix, ImmunoGen, and voxeljet Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Could This Small-Cap Biotech's Experimental Diabetes Drug Be a Game Changer?