Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008
- Balance Sheet Analysis on Bank of America's Stock: 2 Key Takeaways
- 3 Reasons Citizens Financial Group Could Fall
- Will Apple Inc. Equip Next-Generation iPads with an A8X Chip?
- Why Apple's Recent Patent Application Is Good News for GT Advanced Technologies
- Why the iPhone 6 Will Conquer America