Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Simple Way to Overcome Spending Temptations
- The Astonishing Conservatism of Warren Buffett
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: The Hedge Funds Weigh In
- Potential Risks to Main Street Capital Corp.?s Big Dividend
- Why National Bank of Greece (ADR) Rocketed 43% Higher in February
- 4 Don't-Miss Quotes From Stratasys, Ltd.'s Q4 Earnings Call