Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does This Crash Test Mean Ford's Aluminum F-150 Is Unsafe?
- What's Nike Inc.'s Secret Sauce?
- Amgen Crushes Wall Street's Expectations in Q2, But This Figure Is a Bit Worrisome
- 5 Key Points You May Have Missed in Merck's Q2 Report
- Strong Subaru Sales and a Weak Yen Boost Profit at Fuji Heavy
- Do These Anti-Dumping Decisions Mean It's Lights Out for Canadian Solar?