Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Should Investors Expect From Repligen in 2014?
- Will This Beaten-Down Stock End the Year On a High?
- What's the Future of Energy Storage?
- New Study Paints a Terrifying Picture of the ?End of Civilization?
- Here's What This $22 Billion Long-Term Winner Is Buying
- Merck and GE Cling to Gains Despite Dow's Struggles