Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- When Will Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide? Americans' Surprising Answer
- This Company Is the Best Investment Pure Play in Wearables
- Air Force Seeks "Holy Grail" in New Space Engine. Is SABRE the Answer?
- If You Live in This State, You May Lose the Choice Whether to Vaccinate Your Kids
- 3 Mega-Cap Stocks That Shouldn't Pay a Dividend
- Apple Inc. Earnings Preview: 3 Key Things to Watch