Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Best States for Young Adults 2014
- 5 Smart Money Strategies From Around the World
- Why Isn't Fitbit Jumping On Apple Inc.'s HealthKit Bandwagon?
- 5 Banking Fees That Are Actually Worth Paying
- Apple Inc. Earnings Preview: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Are the Stars of the Show
- 76 Million Households Affected in JPMorgan Chase Bank Breach