Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The iPad's Market Share Continues to Collapse
- Look Out Alphabet Inc, Here Come Microsoft Corporation's Driverless Cars
- 1 Healthcare Stock That Has It All
- How Intel Corp. Is Shuffling Around Its Spending
- Will Fitbit Inc's Latest Update Keep It Ahead Of Its Wearable Rivals?
- Financial Literacy Grab Bag: 13Fs, a Terrible Short, and a Test