Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- ARM Holdings plc Thinks It Can Grab Big Pieces of the Server and Networking Chip Markets
- 3 Companies With Better Dividends Than Procter & Gamble
- You're Not Going to Believe How Amazon Is Going to Speed Up Delivery
- Why Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. Stock Dropped Today
- Stratasys, Ltd. Q4 and 2014 Earnings: Market Relieved, No Major Surprises
- Why Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc. Stock Plummeted Today