Research is the process of investigating a proposed investment to decide whether or not to buy or sell. Analysts do this professionally and publish their recommendations. Individual investors need to verify that information and satisfy themselves that the information is up to date, complete and that the proposed investment fits their strategy, allocation plan, etc.
As an alternate, in the research and development laboratories maintained by many businesses based on technology, research is the process of suggesting and trying methods that might be used to resolve technology problems or create new products or services. After initial experiments suggest a proposed method will work, development is often the follow-up stage where the solution is tried on a larger scale or in a broader combination of circumstances to verify the initial finding, broaden the application, and resolve any problems encountered.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Facebook (FB) Starting to Steal Market Share From Google (GOOG)?
- Has T-Mobile's John Legere Nailed Best Buy's Big Problem?
- Will Lenovo?s Yoga Tablet 2 Pro Kill Apple?s iPad Air 2?
- Intel and Rockchip Release an ARM Chip: What You Need to Know
- New Catalyst Could Mean Cheaper Biofuels Production
- Infinera Corp. Earnings Preview: Will Patience Finally Pay Off?