Most insurance will repair your home or auto to its original condition, but if the insured property is totaled or stolen, the standard policy is limited to its blue book value or in the case of personal property its depreciated value. Your policy normally has a specified limit on replacement of the building on your property. Riders are available that will automatically adjust coverage for inflation or will provide replacement value coverage.
Otherwise, the insured must be careful to keep policy coverage up to date to allow for inflation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things to Know About Omeros Corporation
- Pentagon Hires 4 Defense Contractors for Space and Naval Warfare Work
- The Ford Focus Continues to Be a Superstar in China
- Best Remodeling Bang For Your Buck
- ExxonMobil is Actually Performing Much Better Than You Think
- 2 To Watch: Apple Mixes it up, BlackBerry Talks Straight