A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- U.S. Mega Banks Look Downright Tiny Compared to the Chinese Competition
- Google Wi-Fi: The Search Giant's Plan to Blanket Cities With Free Internet
- Could This Halt Marijuana's Expansion in Its Tracks?
- At Least One Middle Eastern Airline Giant Is Fueled by Subsidies
- Will This New Ford Everest SUV Rival Jeep's Grand Cherokee?