A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why China Has Less of an Effect on the Fortunes of DryShips and Navios Maritime Partners Than Imagin
- The Health Care Market Looks Ripe to BlackBerry
- What BlackBerry Ltd?s Health-Care Smartphone Says About Its Strategy
- Traveling Through Time on Google Maps
- More Questions Surface About Ocwen Financial?s Convoluted Business Dealings
- Are For-Profit Universities Under Attack From Proposed Regulation?