A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc's Momentum Builds As Anti-Infection Product Line Grows
- 3 Stocks That Could Surprise This Earnings Season
- Gas Is Cheaper Than You Think
- 3 Reasons Williams Partners Shares Could Fall Off a Cliff
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- Would You Block Online Ads Just to Make Your Internet Company More Money?