A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The New World Order of Banking: Boring and Less Profitable
- Is Lorillard a Good Sin Stock to Buy?
- Is Sturm Ruger & Company a Good Sin Stock to Buy?
- 7 Things US Bancorp's Richard Davis Wants You to Know
- Why You Shouldn't Worry About Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Is Philip Morris International a Good Sin Stock to Buy?