A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Pushes Forward
- 2 Things Philip Morris International Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 3 Money-Making Biotech Stocks That Could Go Higher
- 3 Reasons Consolidated Edison Stock Dividends Are Here to Stay
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. Stays Ahead with a Healthy Third Quarter
- The 1 Thing Successful Investors Never Do