A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Sohu.com and SINA Corp. Plunged Today
- Can Celgene Corporation's Superior Earnings Growth Continue?
- Obesity Statistics Take a Wrong Turn in This Latest Study
- Biotech Billionaires: Can They Do It Again?
- Who Are The Real Winners In The Time Warner Cable/Charter Communications Deal?
- 1 Reason to Bet Big on Bank of America