A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Think Comcast Is the Only Cable Company Insulting Customers? Think Again
- The New Ford Ranger That You Still Can't Buy
- 3 Little-Known Biotechs Working On Potential Blockbusters
- The 5 Biggest Obstacles Facing Medical Marijuana
- Why You Can't Trust Most Banks Stocks
- Why Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Is Surging Higher Today.