A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What's Behind Ford's $1.8 Billion Push to Bring Green Tech to China
- GoPro Inc. Is on a Collision Course With This Drone Maker
- Is It Time to Buy Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc.?
- 3 Things Halliburton Company Needs to Say This Quarter
- 3 ADHD Treatment Makers to Watch
- These 3 Sector ETFs Got Crushed Last Quarter -- Will They Bounce Back?