A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The American Heart Association Just Delivered a Huge Blow to Cigarette Companies
- 5 Things Philip Morris International's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Pfizer Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- Why Peabody Energy Stock Has Crashed 20% in 2014
- 5 Things CSX's Management Wants You to Know
- Philip Morris Earnings and the Future of Global Tobacco