A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tesla Motors Inc Isn't the Only One Looking to Power the Electric Vehicle Future
- Will Staples and Office Depot Finally Merge?
- 1 Stock With A Giant Dividend to Buy Today
- Altria, Reynolds American, and The Future of Big Tobacco
- This Gene Editing Technology Is About to Change Healthcare and GMOs Forever
- Will Kansas Municipal Broadband and Google Fiber Render AT&T Obsolete?