A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Plenty of Upside For TFS Financial, and I?m Buying More
- Earnings Roundup: Johnson & Johnson Results Are Better Than They Appear
- Earnings Roundup: Did Obamacare Swamp United Healthcare's Quarter?
- Why BHP Will Fail Once Again in Acquiring PotashCorp
- Are Solar Fundamentals Deteriorating?
- Why IBM Is Dragging on the Dow Jones Today