A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Apple Beat Google in Healthcare with iOS 8?
- 3 Losers in the Big Bank of America Corp. Settlement
- Does America Have a Stranglehold on This Valuable Resource?
- Can America's Wealthy Make Embraer SA's Dream Come True?
- West Virginia Unprepared for Future Without Coal
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Stock: What You Are Buying