A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Major Cities Where Obamacare Premiums May Rise By 30% (or More) in 2016
- 3 Companies That Could Become Tax Inversion Targets
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Private Placement of Bonds
- The Difference Between a Restricted Stock Unit and a Restricted Stock Award
- What Healthcare Dividend Stock Is Best?
- Why Are Comcast's Data Cap Exemptions Evil If T-Mobile's Are A-OK?