A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 5 Most Important Points From Citigroup's Fourth-Quarter Conference Call
- 3 Ways Google Inc. Can Save Google Glass
- This Bank Is Growing Nearly 20% Per Year, but Can It Continue?
- How Much Longer Will the Government Delay This Merger?
- Can You Guess What Cancer-Causing Agent Researchers Just Found in Electronic Cigarettes?
- Like Fine Wines, These 4 Energy Stocks Get Better With Age