A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Oops! J.C. Penney Company Inc. Accidentally Lets Slip It's Having a Great Quarter
- What the EU Antitrust Charges Against Google Inc. Mean for Investors
- Everything You Need to Know About Google's EU Antitrust Suit
- 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Water
- 3 Oft-Ignored Risks to the U.S. Economy
- The Government Might Leave Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Alone