A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What Charter Is Doing to Get Its Time Warner Cable Deal Approved
- 1 Statistic That Demonstrates Why the Marijuana Movement Is So Powerful
- Lumber Liquidators: Uncertainty Prevails With Earnings Around the Corner
- Who Will Win China, Microsoft Corporation or Sony Corporation?
- Tougher Marijuana Regulations Could Be Coming to a State Near You
- The EU Takes on Walt Disney Co., Time Warner, Inc., and Other Studios