A regulation is a rule usually issued by a government agency.
In the case of the Federal government, the body of law comes from laws enacted by Congress and interpretations of those laws from court cases. Government agencies issue regulations to clarify and standardize implementation of the law.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Bank Stocks to Buy in March
- Why Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc Stock Popped Today
- Why Mastercard, Inc. Charged 10% Higher in February
- Why Dish Network Thinks the Comcast-Time Warner Merger Is Terrible for Consumers
- Apple Inc.'s Rumored Car -- 4 Reasons I?m Not Buying The Hype
- Despite Oil Price Plunge, California Gasoline Prices Soar