A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Way to Invest in America's Future
- Does Google's Russian Retreat Make Yandex a Screaming Buy?
- This Gene Editing Technology Is About to Change Healthcare and GMOs Forever
- Why Ford Motor Company's Nearly 5% Sell-Off Seems Silly
- 6 Reasons Costco Wholesale Is the Best Retailer to Work For
- Stock Investing vs. Gambling: How the Right Strategy Changes Everything