A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Google Messenger Could Cause Big Problems for Facebook and WhatsApp
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- After Under Armour Stock Surged 50% in 2014, Are Shares Still a Buy?
- Why Applied Materials Inc. Is Up 13% in 2014
- The Two Most Important Questions an Investor Can Ask
- 8 Common Refinance Mistakes