A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing or Airbus: Which Company Will Dominate This Massive Market?
- The Hidden Opportunity in Mobile Payments
- 5 Unforgettable Quotes From America's Favorite Oil Baron
- Is Microsoft One of the Best Companies in America?
- Facebook's First Outside Investor Thinks Twitter Is Mismanaged: Is He Right?
- Is Twitter, Inc. About to Go on a Shopping Spree?