A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Google Inc. Should Fear Facebook Inc.
- Should T-Mobile's Netflix Gift Persuade You to Buy a Samsung Galaxy S6?
- Is This Tiny Biotech Still a Buy at All-Time Highs?
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- 3 Things You Need to Know About XOMA Corp.
- Tim Cook Speaks About Apple Watch and Steve Jobs: What You Need to Know