A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Apple Inc. Be Worried About This Apple Pay Rival?
- This Analyst Believes Apple, Inc. Will Crush Earnings on the Back of Booming iPhone 6 Sales
- The New Apple MacBook's 3 Most Exciting Features
- Project Fi -- Google's Plan to Revolutionize the Wireless Industry
- 1 Reason IBM May Fail to Deliver on Cloud Computing Profits
- 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Internet Retail