A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Illumina, Inc.: How the Market's Smartest Company is Living Up to the Hype
- How Much Does Intel Corporation Charge Apple?
- Facebook Inc. Earnings: Here's How They Crushed Estimates
- Initial Jobless Claims Jump 7.9%
- Why Nepal Wants to Keep Everest Business in Sherpa Hands
- 1 Hidden Advantage Chipotle Has Over McDonald's