A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Figures That Put the Stock Market Correction in Context
- Site Registration FAQ
- Samsung May Have Just Given YouTube a Leg Up on Twitter's Periscope
- Activision Blizzard Inc.'s Special Sauce
- Should Investors Follow Twitter Inc. CFO Anthony Noto and Buy Shares?
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Bank of America and Citigroup