A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- You're Not Going to Believe What Comcast Is Doing to Gain FCC Approval of Its Time Warner Merger
- The Average American Pays This Much in Income Taxes -- How Do You Compare?
- Twitter Inc. Is Ready to Pay Up for User Growth
- Site Registration FAQ
- The Hidden Behemoth Helping Power the Smartwatch Revolution
- 2 Metrics to Watch When Apple, Inc. Reports Earnings Today