A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Psst! Don't Tell Anyone Yet, but Northrop Grumman Just Won the DARPA Drone Contract
- 5 Features of Social Security You May Not Know About
- IBM and Box Inc Partnership: A Win-Win Situation in the Cloud?
- 3 Biotech Stocks Short-Sellers Have Targeted the Most
- Is This the Real Reason Amazon.com Is Pushing a $50 Tablet?
- Can Ric Edelman Help Plan Your Retirement?