A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Target's Bold Holiday Pricing Strategy May Make You Dump Amazon
- People Really Hate Monsanto, Its Latest Move Shows It Couldn't Care Less
- Pacific Biosciences of California Earnings Rocket Higher on Roche Deal
- Can Groupon Turn Around Its 48% Stock Fall?
- Yandex NV Wows Wall Street, But It?s Not All Rosy
- 1 Dividend Stock for Retirees to Buy