A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Starbucks Rewards: Can A Spotify Deal Help Improve The Rewards Program?
- Will You March Against Monsanto? Read This First.
- How One Stock Has Crushed the Competition For 10 Years Running
- 3 Key Takeways from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.'s Earnings Report
- This Company Has The Best Business Model in Social Media
- What Is an LLC? It?s How You Might Organize Your Business