A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Did eBay Change Its Mind on PayPal?
- Is the Spotify IPO Right for You?
- 3 Reasons Western Digital Corp's Stock Could Fall
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy The Coca-Cola Company?
- Home Depot's Data Breach Was Worse, But Target Was Punished More. Why?
- Meet Your Credit Card Spending Requirement With These Rewards Card Tips