A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is This Tiny Biotech Still a Buy at All-Time Highs?
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- 3 Things You Need to Know About XOMA Corp.
- Tim Cook Speaks About Apple Watch and Steve Jobs: What You Need to Know
- Internet Retail's 3 Up and Coming Stocks to Watch
- Internet Providers Will Have to Tell You the True Size of Your Monthly Bill