A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why "Facebook at Work" Should Scare LinkedIn Investors
- Liquidity Services Closes Out a Tough 2014
- Can ?Facebook at Work? Make a Dent in the Enterprise?
- Shop Your Way Won?t Save Sears, But It Could Revive Wal-Mart
- Did Matthew McConaughey Just Single-Handedly Save Lincoln? Not So Fast...
- Why Tesla Motors, Inc. Isn't Worrying About Demand