A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- You Thought Ron Paul Was Outspoken When He Was in Congress? You Won't Believe What He's Saying Now
- Will Square's New Cash App Punish PayPal?
- How an Amazon Ad Network Could Threaten Google's Ad Dominance
- Don?t Take No For an Answer: Lessons From Organ Donation
- Embraer SA Comes Out With Flying Colors Once Again
- Is It Time to Buy ConAgra Foods, Inc. Stock?