A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Twitter, Inc. About to Go on a Shopping Spree?
- Is Apple One of the Best Companies in America?
- 3 Reasons Groupon Stock Will Sustain Its Recent Gains
- 5 Years From Now, You'll Wish You Had Bought Mobileye Today
- Netflix Inc. Adds "Gilmore Girls" to Streaming Schedule, With Many Questions Unanswered
- "Me Too" Wearable Devices Can't Save BlackBerry Now