A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon.com Inc. Yanks Amazon Wallet and Elements Diapers; Investors Ought to Cheer
- The Sorry State of Sam's Club, and Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Can't Give Up on the Warehouse
- Don't Let Oil Distract You From This Potentially Epic Real Estate Collapse
- Don't Get Cheated by Dishonest Financial Advisors
- LinkedIn Corp Is Right to Be Scared of Facebook Inc.
- Did Twitter Inc. Just Trump Facebook Inc. in India?