A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Rule 144A Created a Shadow Financial Market
- 3 Tech Stocks Wall Street Is Too Bullish On
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- CVS Health Corp.'s 5-Point Plan to Recoup Tobacco's Lost $2 Billion in Sales
- Why Did Avago Technologies Ltd. Ditch Solid-State Drives But Stick With Hard-Disk Drives?
- Facebook Inc. Makes A Smart Bet on ?Facebook-Free? Messenger