A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Samsung May Have Just Given YouTube a Leg Up on Twitter's Periscope
- Activision Blizzard Inc.'s Special Sauce
- According to a New Study, if Banks Fail to Do This They'll "Die"
- Site Registration FAQ
- Starbucks' CEO Believes Its Future Is Digital
- Interested in PayPal Holdings Inc. Stock? Understand These Metrics