A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Go Fishing for Gains at Aeropostale?
- Will The Boeing Company?s Q2 Results Live Up to Expectations?
- Pricier Gasoline Helps Push Consumer Prices up 0.3%
- Will Rackspace's Unorthodox Approach Pay Off In Cloud Infrastructure
- Taking a Closer Look at General Electric's Synchrony Spin-Off
- Why Engineered Systems Might Be EMC's Saving Grace