A registered security means the transfer agent records the name of the security owner. Registration gives the issuer names and addresses for distribution of annual reports, dividends, interest, proxy statements, proxies, and other shareholder information. It also makes the sale of stolen securities difficult or impossible.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Staples Swapping "Easy" Button for the "Hard" One
- One Retailer Is Well-Prepared for Online and Low-Cost Competition
- Which Auto-Parts Retailer Is the Best Option for Your Portfolio?
- The Risky Yahoo! Inc. Strategy That Steals From Facebook and Google
- Warren Buffett?s 4-Step Plan to Become a World-Class Company
- 4 States Where the Rich Got Richer at the Expense of the Poor