Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Multibaggers Defined
- Pharmacy Stocks in 2015: What to Watch
- Here?s Why Pioneer Natural Resources? Stock Slipped 15.7% in 2014
- Why Shares of Mighty ExxonMobil Struck Out in 2014
- Retirement Income Doesn?t Have to Be a Dream -- 3 Dividend Stocks That Could Make It a Reality
- Why Chevron's Stock Took a 10% Hit in 2014