Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Sanchez Energy, EV Energy Partners, and PBF Energy Made Big Moves This Week
- 4 Oil Trends to Be on the Lookout For in 2016
- Has Rite Aid's Growth Story Stalled Out?
- Amazon Has Found a New Way to Deliver Packages
- Don't Be Crude: Know Your Oil Investment Vocabulary
- Alcoa Answers Key Questions About Its Coming Split