Refinance. Refinancing is the process of replacing an existing loan with a new loan.
Often the new loan is at a lower interest rate reducing the cost of the loan.
Typically one refinances by filling out an application for a new loan. The borrowed funds are then used to pay off the old loan. But note that some loans charge extra fees for prepayment of the loan. These charges can make refinancing more costly than expected.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Despite Oil Price Plunge, California Gasoline Prices Soar
- U.S. Markets Rule the World as Dollar, Dow Climb Higher
- 3 Reasons Gas Prices Could Rocket Higher
- 3 Stocks You Can Buy and Hold for Your Children Over the Next 50 Years
- Is the Failure of Android Wear a Dire Warning for Apple Watch?
- Billionaire Carl Icahn's Stock Buys: The Breakup Master Strikes Again