A redemption fee is a fee levied for selling shares of an index fund. Usually a fixed percentage of the total value of the fund.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Edward Jones Credit Card: Good Product, But Is It Right for You?
- Why Amazon.com Inc. Shouldn't Fear These Two Hot Start-ups
- Fidelity Index Funds: What You Need to Know
- This Dividend Yield May Be Too Dangerous to Buy
- HomeAway, Inc. Earnings: Strong Beat, Meek Guidance Leave Investors Paralyzed
- 4 Things Mutual Fund Managers Don't Want You to Know