In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Kite Pharma Inc. Shares Took Off
- 5 Things Eli Lilly and Co's Management Wants You to Know
- Is Alkermes plc Stock Undervalued?
- Will Incoming Competition Derail Aegerion Stock?
- Top Stocks to Watch Today: St. Jude Medical, Abbott Laboratories, Eli Lilly, Pfizer
- This Week in Biotech: Anacor's FDA A-OK and AbbVie's Insatiable Urge to Buy Something