In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can This 1 Breast Cancer Drug Turn Pfizer Inc. Into a Growth Stock?
- A Quick Look at Merck & Co. Inc.'s Drug Development Pipeline
- The Surprising Value of Legal Marijuana
- Should Pfizer Inc. Buy This Surprisingly Competitive Biotech Stock?
- Cheap Stocks Wall Street Loves: Medivation
- Lung Cancer Incidence Is the Highest in These 10 States