In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Small Cap Stocks to Watch in Biotech
- What Is Cancer Immunotherapy?
- 1 Drug Will Make or Break These 3 Biotech Stocks
- How Big of an Impact Could Praluent Have on Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.?
- What Caused Eli Lilly and Co. Shares to Vault Higher in May?
- Following Hepatitis C, This Could Be the Next Disease Researchers Cure