In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What You Need to Know About Sangamo Biosciences' Surge
- Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc: Even More Growth to Come?
- 3 Things to Know About Omeros Corporation
- Cancer Immunotherapy Race Stays Unpredictable
- Can Diabetes Treatments Replace Patent Losses At Eli Lilly & Co?
- Is Medivation Inc's Recent Pullback an Entry Opportunity?