In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Amgen Inc.'s Stock Is up 23% in 2014
- 5 Things Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Teva Pharmaceuticals New Drug Aims to Reduce Asthma Attacks
- 7 States Where Diabetes Prevalence Is the Highest
- Is it Time to Buy Merck & Co., Inc.'s Stock?
- Great Cholesterol Drug Data From Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Sanofi SA, but Read the Fine Pri