In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Fresh Marijuana Study Reveals Shocking News Regarding Its Relative Safety
- Why Shares of Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. Exploded Today
- Did Researchers Just Discover a Cure for HIV/AIDS?
- Why Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Shares Jumped 24% in January
- Did Researchers Just Discover the Cause of Pancreatic Cancer?
- Pharma News: Synthetic Biology Finds Path to Clinic Through Novartis