In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pharma News: Synthetic Biology Finds Path to Clinic Through Novartis
- 2 Companies Redefining Cancer Treatment
- Why Investors are Excited About Intrexon and Ziopharm's New Deal
- Is Celgene Corporation a Takeover Target in 2015?
- 3 Clinical-Stage Biotech Stocks with Explosive Upside Potential in 2015
- Did Gilead Sciences Just Buy Its Next Blockbuster Drug?