In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Do Eli Lilly and Biogen Have Alzheimer's All Wrong? Anavex Life Sciences Thinks So.
- An Alarming New Marijuana Study Raises an Important Point
- Insider Selling Caused Ziopharm Oncology to Drop 15%
- Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd Hopes to Profit From Eli Lilly's and Amgen's Side Effect
- Can AstraZeneca Live Up to Its $45 Billion Promise?
- Is Anavex LIfe Sciences Corp. a Stock Worth Buying?