In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Illegal Drug Could Be the Answer to Fighting Brain Cancer
- Why ChemoCentryx Inc's Shares Shot 60% Higher Today
- Can Pfizer?s Cholesterol Drug Catch Up To The Competition?
- Could Marijuana Be the Answer to Fighting This Deadly Disease?
- Legal Marijuana: What's Really At Stake With Today's Vote
- Merck & Co., Inc. Earnings: Patent Losses and Competition Weigh on Sales