In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Need to Know About XOMA Corp.
- 3 Biotech Stocks That Dropped Yesterday -- Is 1 a Buy?
- Why Ziopharm Oncology, Inc. Shares Burst Today.
- 1 Tiny Biotech's Blockbuster Opportunity in Heart Disease
- Did Researchers Just Unlock a Type 1 Diabetes Cure?
- Confessions of a Value Investor Stuck in a High-Growth Industry