In biochemistry, a receptor is a molecular structure within or on the surface of a cell that selectively binds to specific substances and initiates a cellular response. A receptor is often the site of action for a drug or other pharmaceutical preparation.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Following Hepatitis C, This Could Be the Next Disease Researchers Cure
- Why Idera Pharmaceuticals Inc. Shares Vaulted Higher
- This Experimental Drug Could Finally Cure HIV
- Which of These Growth Stocks Is Most Worthy of Your Money?
- 3 Tiny Healthcare Stocks You Ought to Be Watching
- Pfizer Inc. Earnings: 5 Things You Probably Overlooked By Focusing on the Headlines