Rebalance. In the portfolio management system based on asset allocation, rebalancing is the process of comparing your present actual allocation (at current market values) with your target allocation, and then selling some and buying others to arrive at the desired allocation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Secret to Retirement Planning Success
- 3 Ways to Make the Most of Your 401(k)
- In $3.3 Billion Blockbuster Deal, General Electric Company Sells Appliances Business to Electrolux
- The 7 Best Ways to Invest $5,000 of Your Savings
- Should I Invest My 401(k) in Individual Stocks?
- Should You Put Your 401(k) Into a Target-Date Fund?