Real estate agent
The seller signs a listing agreement specifing the commission to be paid, the term of the listing, and other details of the arrangement. The realtor representing the buyer is also paid a commission as specified in the listing agreement.
The listing agent works with the seller to get the property ready to sell and to market the home with a listing in Realtor.com, advertizing, open house, and similar techniques.
When an offer is received, the realtors work with their clients to try to reach an agreement. Once a completed contract is signed, the agents then work to keep the deal together though necessary inspections, appraisal, adjustments, and approvals.
Finally at the close, the buyer brings a check, and both realtors and the seller get paid.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things They Never Told You About Your Home Loan
- Whole Foods Market, Inc. Is Infuriating Customers Again. And That's a Good Sign.
- With Zillow Group, Inc.'s Integration of Trulia Complete, Now What?
- How I Sold My Home in 2 Days
- Why Zillow Group, Inc. Just Sold Another Subsidiary
- Why I Wouldn't Short Zillow Group Inc.