Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Tim Cook Wrong About the iPad?
- Will Kona Grill Be the Fastest Growing Restaurant Chain of 2014?
- Can Subaru's Dream Run Continue in the U.S.?
- Google Must Watch Out for the Sharks
- Cooling Solar Cells, Even at High Noon
- The Fast Growing Chicken Wing Chain That's Giving Buffalo Wild Wings a Run For Its Money