Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 1 Thing Microsoft Corporation Must Get Right With Its Low-End Windows Phones
- Triangle Capital Corp. Earnings Top Low Expectations
- When ?Sin? Pays: Going All-in With the Gaming Industry
- How Bad Was InvenSense's Deal With Apple?
- Veeva Systems Soars Into the Cloud but Can't Bring Its Stock to Life
- Should Investors Be Selling NXP Semiconductors at Nearly $100?