Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Way Pfizer Continues to Stand Out From the Crowd
- Why Shares of Insys Therapeutics Soared by 20% in June
- 3 Experimental Cancer Drugs Investors Should Be Closely Watching
- 3D Printing's Black Swan Event
- Why Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation Stock Jumped Today
- Why Is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Delaying One of its Most Profitable Models?