Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple's Recent Patent Application Is Good News for GT Advanced Technologies
- Why the iPhone 6 Will Conquer America
- What GoPro Stock Investors Need to Know This Week
- Can American Apparel Get Back to Business Now, Please?
- The Best Stocks for Organic Food Lovers
- The Container Store Stock Down 50%: Buying Opportunity or Time to Run?