Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Penn National Gaming Maximizes Its Potential
- Is Lockheed Martin's Hypersonic Spy Plane a Warfare Game-Changer?
- Alcatel-Lucent Stock Soared 225% in 2013. Here's Why.
- Nelson Mandela, Divestment, and the End of Apartheid
- It's Too Early to Invest in Driverless Cars
- Someone Please Buy President Obama a New Phone for Christmas