Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The iPad Mini's Days May Be Numbered
- Robert Half International Easily Beats Estimates, Gives Good Outlook on U.S. Employment
- OnePlus One Phone May Change the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy Landscape -- Just Not Yet
- Should Samsung Embrace Emerging Markets With Low-End Galaxy Smartphones?
- Broadcom Corporation Delivers a Great Quarter
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?