Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Post Holdings Goes Back to the Henhouse
- Volkswagen's Scandal May Have Already Crushed its 2015 Profit
- Houston, We Have a (Temporary) Problem
- Apple Inc. Will Likely Move to Higher-Resolution Displays With the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Would Ditching Intel Really Make Apple Inc.?s Mac Better?
- Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft's New Hardware