Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Could Have Trouble Selling a $200 Apple TV
- AeroVironment Gets Its Wings Clipped
- Organovo Holdings Stock Crashed and Burned in August -- Here's Why
- Why Opko Health Lost More Than a Third of Its Value Last Month
- Here's What the Managers of the $9 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Selling
- The Accounting Terms You Need to Know