Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Strong Demand Boosts Illumina Inc. in Q1
- Why Advaxis, Inc. Shares Lifted Off
- 3 Things to Know About Apple and IBM's Most Recent Cloud Computing Innovation
- Why Shares of Juno Therapeutics Inc. and Kite Pharma Inc. Crashed Today
- Nokia Corporation: $17 Billion Acquisition of Alcatel Lucent SA Means Big Plans for the Internet of
- Will the Law of Diminishing Returns Pit Automakers Against Uncle Sam?