Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pop! 3 To Buy If Biotech Stocks Burst
- The Navy's Most Expensive Aircraft Carrier Ever Just Got Even More Expensive
- 5 Reasons Your Health Insurance Premium Will Likely Rise in 2016
- Google, Inc.'s Worst Nightmare Is Coming True
- The Best Business Model in Biotech
- Set Phasers to Stun: U.S. Army Channels Star Trek for Future Ray Gun