Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Touch ID Hits iPad, How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- Touch ID Is in the New Apple iPad: How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Earnings: Striving to Be a Blockbuster Company
- Apple Inc.?s (AAPL) A8X Chip Is Even More Impressive Than Expected
- BJ's Restaurants, Inc Earnings: Has Growth Returned?
- After Facebook Stock Surged 40% in 2014, Are Shares Still a Buy?