Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why PepsiCo Is Better as a Single, Diversified Company Rather Than Two Separate Companies
- In Case You Missed It: GlaxoSmithKline Just Had a Phenomenal Week!
- Can Twitter Inc. Take a Chunk of This Billion-Dollar Facebook Product?
- Copper Prices Could Fall Further This Year
- Groupon Inc: An Investment Deal
- Apple Inc: The Good Times Are Not Over