Research and development
Research and development (R&D) is the study of ideas, methods, products, and/or compounds with the goal of improving that which a company offers.
Research and development is vital to a company to remain competitive in a changing industry.
When possible, an investor should look to a company's R&D to help evaluate future performance, particularly when evaluating a longer-term investment.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the iPhone 6 China Delay Could Hurt Apple
- Will Apple Kill Facebook's Newest App With This iOS 8 Feature?
- Activision?s ?Destiny? and the Business of Video Game Hype
- Will "Super Smash Bros." Save the Nintendo 3DS?
- Apple's iPhone 6 Plus is Both Bigger and Smaller Than Samsung's Galaxy Note 4
- Is Microsoft One of the Best Companies in America?