The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- It?s Game Time for American Capital
- This Chart Puts Warren Buffett's $61 Billion Fortune Into Perspective
- Why I Bought Shares of SolarCity Corp Stock This Week
- Is a New Low for CEO Pay on Its Way?
- Chevron's Debt Increase Is a Crude Way to Support Its Dividend
- Thanks to Solid Q2 Results, Windstream Holdings, Inc. Takes a Breather