The Proxy Statement: DEF-14A The proxy statement is the notice of the annual general meeting of shareholders filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For researchers, it is an essential addition to the 10-K in that it gives us an insight into the workings and intentions of senior executives and the board of directors. The proxy includes the names of directors standing for election, shareholder proposals for vote, and the appointment of auditors. It is here that you will find the reports of the board's compensation and audit committees, and details of executive compensation. A proxy can sometimes be filed within an 8-K report.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Surprising Company Investing More Than $23 Billion In Its Future
- Why Darden Restaurants Just Replaced Its Entire Board of Directors
- SolarCity Jumps Into the Solar Loan Market
- Why SunPower Stock Is Undervalued
- Is Prospect Capital Corporation Diluting Your Wealth?
- Homebuilders' Recovery Means Recovery in Their CEOs' Pay