A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Freeport-McMoRan Wants You to Know Right Now
- Why You Can Expect Altria Earnings to Keep Rising
- Apple Investors Who Sold After Earnings Got It Wrong
- Understanding Content Is Key to Twitter Inc's Growth
- Does Goldman Sachs Have Another Billion-Dollar Business In The Works?
- Google Gives Good News on YouTube Advertising