A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?
- Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings Trump Oil Price Plunge to Hit Record High
- Wall Street Still Doesn't "Get" Chipotle Mexican Grill!
- Why Baidu Inc.?s Multiyear Stock Surge Is at Risk in 2015
- How Disney's Marvel Is Crippling Fox's X-Men Movies With Comics