A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Box Office: Is Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' One for the Record Books?
- Why I Disagree With Jim Cramer and Bought (More) Shares of Core Labs
- Construction Machinery: Investing Essentials
- Why Nintendo?s ?Mario Kart 8? Failed to Save the Wii U
- Is This the Next Big Offshore Oil Frontier?
- Did Apple?s Tim Cook Abandon Steve Jobs? Final Project?