A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Is as Fit as a Butcher's Dog
- 9 Things I Wonder About IPOs
- CBS All Access and HBO Aren't Good Reasons to Cut Your Cable Cord
- Trex Co. Inc. Earnings: 3 Things to Look For
- How Wal-Mart Could Change the Landscape of American Banking
- United Airlines Books Its Highest Quarterly Profit Yet