A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Return to the Arctic: Shell Looks Set to Take Another Run
- 5 Things Tyson Foods Management Wants You to Know
- Great Cholesterol Drug Data From Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Sanofi SA, but Read the Fine Pri
- Exelixis, Inc.'s Not So Excellent Prostate Cancer Trial Results
- Revisiting Sin Stocks: Alcohol?s Worse Than You Think
- 3 Reasons Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Stock Could Rise