A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Humana Inc. Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Altria Group Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons The Coca-Cola Company's Stock May Rise
- Why United Therapeutics Corporation Stock Skyrocketed
- You're Wrong to Worry About Restoration Hardware Based on Williams-Sonoma's Report
- 3 Reasons iShares MSCI Brazil Index ETF (EWZ) Shares Could Fall