A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Smoke in These 7 States and It Could Cost You at Least $1.85 Million Over Your Lifetime
- 3 Bank Stocks to Buy in February
- An $8 Billion Hedge Fund Bought This Extremely Risky Stock: Should You?
- Did Kinder Morgan Inc. Provide a Subtle Clue That Oil Prices Are Bottoming?
- Are We on the Cusp of the Next Big Oil Megamerger?
- Tesla Is More Than a Car Company -- and That's Terrible News