A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Electric On Its Way to Regaining Dividend Aristocrat Status
- The Oculus Rift Is Good News for NVIDIA and AMD
- (Lack of) Oil Exploration Activity Continues to Crush Geospace Technologies' Earnings
- What Alliance Resource's Management Thinks You Should Know About the Coal Market
- Apple, Inc. R&D: Too Little or Just Right?
- Why Shares of Infoblox Inc. Soared on Tuesday