A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- America's Biggest Edge Over the Rest of the World
- Is Google Spread Too Thin?
- Cirrus Logic Inc. Rises Even Further on a Big Earnings Surprise
- Weak Gold and Copper Prices Tarnish Newmont Mining Corp's Results
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Are Apple Shares Still a Buy After Its Earnings Blowout?