A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Do Home Depot's Big Buyback and Dividend Hike Make Sense?
- Why DISH Network Needs to Offer Another Alternative to the Cable Company
- Apple's iPhone Success Is Bad News For Android, Windows, And Blackberry Phones
- This Billionaire CEO Just Made Another Biotech Acquisition -- and Hardly Anyone Noticed
- 5 Stocks You Can Buy and Hold Forever
- Why Industries Like Oil and Gas Are Turning to Solar Energy