A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Making Mobile Search Simple Is Incredibly Complex
- 6 Dividend Stocks Every Retiree Should Consider Owning
- 3 (Non-Apple) Things Universal Display Investors Should Know
- Why NQ Mobile Inc. Stock Plunged Today
- Did a Lack of Discounts Hurt Honda's Sales?
- 5 Things Lowe's Companies Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know