A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Crazy Habits You Might Adopt With Low-Cost Genome Sequencing
- Could the Next Generation of Diabetes Treatments Be Found in This Illegal Drug?
- How Tesla Motors, Inc. Lived Up to Predictions for 2014
- Why Billionaire Investor Leon Cooperman Won?t Buy More SandRidge Energy Inc. Stock
- Why Is George Soros Buying This Beaten Down Biotech Stock?
- Thinking About Buying General Motors? You Might Want to Think Twice