A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Key Lesson Apple, Inc. Can Learn From the Luxury Auto Business About How to Keep People Buying
- Why Samsung Will Not Acquire Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Apple?s (Not So) Big iPhone 6s Rumor Is (Probably) True
- The 3 Best Dividend Stocks Warren Buffett Owns
- 2 Restaurant Stocks to Buy, 1 to Avoid
- Why Netflix Inc. Could Be Worth $100 Billion