A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Yelp, Inc. Is Tumbling After a Solid Quarter
- National Instruments Ekes Out an Earnings Gain Despite Falling Sales
- Better Buy Now: Amazon.com or Wal-Mart Stores?
- Dynamic Materials Keeps Waiting for an Oil and Gas Rebound
- The 5 Most Surprising Stocks of 2015 (so Far)
- 3 Oil Stocks We're Watching This Week