A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Revisiting Sin Stocks: Alcohol?s Worse Than You Think
- 3 Reasons Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Stock Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Danaher Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Surprising Ways Intel Is Merging Technology With Healthcare
- Did Putin Just Harm His Fellow Russians By Banning Food Imports?
- Why Does Lockheed Martin Want to Put Exoskeletons on Workers?