A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Problem With Samsung?s Galaxy, Sony?s Xperia, and HTC?s One Phones
- Will The Fitbit Surge Kill The Apple Watch?
- The Future of Finance According to This Legendary Investor
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Oil News: Saudi Arabia Blinks First, Cuts Oil Supplies in September