A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 5 Best High-Yield Dividend Stocks of 2014
- Soon Airbus A350 XWB Will Meet Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the Sky -- Which One Will Fly Higher?
- How to Network Without Feeling Dirty
- To Win the Holidays, Amazon.com Pushes Employees to the Limit
- General Electric Company Sees a Big Future for Wind Power; but 2015 Could Be a Taxing Year
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It