A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MSA Safety Inc. Earnings Miss Expectations As Energy and Currencies Weigh on Results
- 3 Things Chipotle Is Doing Right That McDonald's Is Doing Wrong
- What Investors Need to Know About International Business Machines Corp.'s Earnings
- Oil Dividend Stocks: 4 High-Yielding MLPs That Just Raised Their Payouts as Much as 30%
- How These Centuries-Old Companies Are Innovating Today
- Polaris Industries Inc. Opens the Throttle on Growth