A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hold Your Horses, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Earnings Are Better Than They Appear
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Gets Into the Black, Accounting Wise
- Why NetSuite Inc. Stock Plunged Today
- Why Biogen Idec's Shares Skyrocketed Higher
- 3 Things to Watch When iRobot Corporation Reports Earnings
- Things I Wish They Taught in College