A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple's Big Strength: Operational Excellence
- Can Coca-Cola Afford to Invest in This Feel-Good Project?
- Attention Dividend Investors: Which of These 3 Semiconductor Stocks Is Right for You?
- CalAmp Corp. Communicates Another Solid Quarter
- Dick Costolo's 3 Worst Moves As Twitter Inc.'s CEO
- 5 Things General Electric Company's Management Wants You to Know