A product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
In contast, a service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Real Risks Fairmont Santrol Investors Need to Know About
- Is It Time to Sell GameStop Corp. Stock?
- Why This Popular Insurer Lost More Than a Quarter of Its Value in August
- 5 Things Aflac's Management Wants You to Know
- Apple Inc. Could Have Trouble Selling a $200 Apple TV
- Why Triangle Petroleum Corporation Bucked the Trend and Surged 17% in August