A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Race Is On
- BioMarin's Big Bet on Muscular Dystrophy Is Already Paying Off
- Did AbbVie Just Make an Incredibly Brilliant Decision?
- This Drugmaker's Incredible Run Looks Far From Done
- Exelixis Earnings: No Time to Reminisce
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals' Stock Tanked in July: Is It Now a Buy?