A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Repros Poised to Take On Growing Testosterone Market
- 5 Potential FDA Approvals That May Change Millions of Lives in 2014
- Keep An Eye On GW, Johnson & Johnson, Durata, and Merck Today
- Why Durata Therapeutics Inc. Shares Marched Higher
- Clarifying Breakthrough Designation at the FDA
- FDA Expands Approval for Amgen's Nexavar