A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Exelixis, Inc. Shares Skyrocketed 57% in February
- This Breakthrough Study May Allow Researchers to Tackle the Root Cause of Heart Disease
- "Profitability" in Sight for BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Why Shares of Exelixis, Inc. Briefly Spiked Higher
- What's Bad For Gilead Sciences and Merck Is a Good Sign for Patients
- Why Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc. Shares Shot Higher By 29% in January