A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tuesday?s Top Biotech Stories: Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Novartis, Google
- This Week in Biotech: Anacor's FDA A-OK and AbbVie's Insatiable Urge to Buy Something
- Why Zogenix Inc. Stock Tumbled
- Tuesday?s Top Health Care Stories: Zogenix, Philips, Siemens, and TherapeuticsMD
- Why Are These 3 Dow Jones Stocks Crushing the Market in 2014?
- Gilead Sciences Inc.'s Upcoming Catalyst(s)