A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Big Pharma Giant AbbVie Inc. Took Off in April -- Here's Why
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Outpaces AbbVie in Hepatitis C
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. Posts Solid First-Quarter Revenue, Raises Expense Guidance
- 3 Things to Watch as Seattle Genetics, Inc. Reports Earnings
- 3 Soaring Biotech Stocks Under $10 -- Are They Buys?
- Meet the Game-Changing Drug Designed to Fight America's Leading Cause of Death