A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- After Cangrelor, The Medicines Company Gets Priority Review for New Drug
- 3 Under-the-Radar Biotech Stocks You Need to Watch in 2014
- Today's Biggest Biotech Stories: Chelsea, Novartis, and The Medicines Company
- Will Mallinckrodt's Xartemis Change How We Treat Pain?
- Is Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Blazing the Comeback Trail?
- This Week in Biotech: Sunny, With No Chance of Rain