A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Roared 14% Higher in October
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. Earnings: Eylea's Roller-Coaster Ride
- Pfizer Inc.'s Earnings: Emerging Market Growth and Patent Expirations Square Off
- Can This 1 Breast Cancer Drug Turn Pfizer Inc. Into a Growth Stock?
- 3 Reasons AbbVie's Stock Could Rise
- Ebola: Everything You Need to Know