A priority review is given to a New Drug Application or Biologics License Application if the drug treats an unmet medical need. It cuts the review time under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from 10 months down to 6 months.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why This Biotech Stock Is Bucking Biotech's Bloodbath
- Sarepta Therapeutics vs. BioMarin Pharmaceutical: Which Company Will Win the DMD Race?
- Healthcare's Trick or Treats: What We're Watching in October
- 3 Reasons to Buy Amicus Therapeutics
- Why Sarepta Therapeutics Shares Are Soaring Today
- 3 Healthcare Stocks That Cost Less Than a Trip to Chipotle