In investing price is most often determined by supply and demand on the market in question. Some prices are negotiated between buyer and seller. In some cases to facilitate an orderly market, a bid ask price is set by a specialist or market maker.
- Ask price
- Bid price
- Market maker
- Negotiated price
- Price war
- Spot price
- Stock price
- Strike price
- Supply and demand
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Problem With Samsung?s Galaxy, Sony?s Xperia, and HTC?s One Phones
- Will The Fitbit Surge Kill The Apple Watch?
- Is Renting REALLY Cheaper Than Buying?
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- How You Can Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck