Typical poison pills include--
- Interlocking director terms, making it impossible to change the board of directors at a single annual meeting.
- Warrants issued when under attack that allow shareholders to greatly increase the number of outstanding shares
- Scortched earth. Cashing in retained earnings by heavy borrowing and distributing cash as dividends, share repurchase, or major acquisitions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Iclusig Troubles Continue for Ariad in Europe
- Will Avanir Pharmaceuticals Earnings Help Shares Bounce Back?
- Abercrombie Needs to Slim Down at the Top
- Aeropostale's Earnings: 3 Key Things to Watch
- Aeropostale Looks Like It Will Stay Grounded
- Can Aeropostale Climb Past American Eagle Outfitters and Abercrombie & Fitch?