Typical poison pills include--
- Interlocking director terms, making it impossible to change the board of directors at a single annual meeting.
- Warrants issued when under attack that allow shareholders to greatly increase the number of outstanding shares
- Scortched earth. Cashing in retained earnings by heavy borrowing and distributing cash as dividends, share repurchase, or major acquisitions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Big Pharma Just Went to the Dogs, and That's Great News for Shareholders
- Can Allergan Find an Alternative To Valeant?
- ?Small? Problems Cost GM $300 Million and Grounded Boeing 787 Dreamliners
- I'm Torn on Buying The Container Store's Stock
- Activist Investor Opens Second Front Against Darden Restaurants
- Hertz Is Well Equipped to Spin Off Division