1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should ARM Thank Apple Inc. For This Earnings Pop?
- Teekay LNG Partners Just Diluted Investors almost 4%: What Should Investors Do?
- Buy 100 Stocks Loved by Insiders
- Why Canada Would Rather Export Oil Than Refine It
- Warning Signs at El Paso Pipeline Partners
- Tuesday?s Top Health Care Stocks: Herbalife, Exact Sciences, AstraZeneca, J&J