1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Pushes Forward
- 5 Things Johnson & Johnson's Management Wants You to Know
- Clean Energy Fuels Q3 Earnings: Turning the Corner?
- Could Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- 3 Money-Making Biotech Stocks That Could Go Higher
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Earnings: Sounding Off With a Strong Quarter