1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple's Recent Patent Application Is Good News for GT Advanced Technologies
- 2 Reasons Activision Blizzard Investors Should Ignore the Destiny Debacle
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. Stock's Stunning New Opportunity
- 3 Reasons Kinder Morgan Inc. Shares Could Soar
- 3 Reasons Norfolk Southern Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- Why InvenSense, Inc. Is Getting Crushed Today