1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Takeaways From Valero Energy Corporation?s Earnings
- Enterprise Product Partners' Distributions Safe Despite Slips on Estimates and Revenue
- 3 Takeaways From Williams Companies, Inc.?s Earnings
- Why Did Chart Industries, Inc. Stock Fall 13% Today? Guidance Reduction
- 4 Key Updates We Just Heard from Dyax Corp.
- Enterprise Products Partners Cranks Out Strong Earnings Yet Again