1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Under-the-Radar Reason Why Puma Biotechnology Inc. Rocketed 17% Higher
- Why Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Tacked on 10% in February
- How These Healthcare Megadeals Helped Send the Market Higher
- Can Intrexon Corp's Jaw-Dropping Growth Continue after Tuesday's 20% Jump?
- Did AbbVie Just Grossly Overpay for Pharmacyclics Inc.?
- Why Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. Is Soaring