1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Master Limited Partnerships: Investing Essentials
- Integrated Oil and Gas: Investing Essentials
- IPO Alert: The Company Behind Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Self-Driving Efforts?
- Is Statoil a Buy Following Second-Quarter Weakness?
- Which Asset Will Encana Sell Next?
- 3 Reasons to Be Cautious Ahead of Tesla Motors' Earnings This Week