1. A company's pipeline refers to products that are in various stages of research and development, though not yet ready for consumers.
2. A pipeline is also a system of pipes used to move large quantities of various substances over long distances, most commonly used in the discussion of oil and gas.
The nature of a company's pipeline is such that not all of its contents will make it to market, though the likelihood varies by industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Small-Cap Cancer Immunotherapy Developer Just Snagged Another Big Partner
- 3 Energy Stocks That Would Make Peter Lynch Proud
- We Believe Healthcare's Next Biotech Buyout Target Is?
- Can You Name the Company Leading the Charge in Cancer Care Research?
- Why I Simply Couldn?t Resist Buying More of Kinder Morgan Inc.?s Stock
- 3 Takeaways From the Energy Market This Quarter