MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will American Viewers Love These 2 Netflix Original Series?
- T-Mobile and Sprint Are Fighting Tooth and Nail for Lower Wireless Prices
- 5 Things Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Danaher Corporation Stock Boosted After Earnings: What You Need to Know
- 1 High-Yield Dividend Stock I Would Avoid at All Costs