MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wal-Mart Is Coming to a City Near You
- Warren Buffett's Love-Hate Relationship With Index Funds
- First Republic Bank, Hudson City Bancorp, Inc., or People's United Financial, Inc.: Who Has Better C
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated, M&T Bank Corporation, or Comerica Incorporated: Who Has Better C
- Apple Cozies Up With Bitcoin -- What You Need to Know
- A Buy Button? Is Facebook, Inc. Aiming to Compete With Amazon?