MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Windstream Holdings' Management Wants You to Know
- Will Intel Corporation Finally Build Apple Inc.?s Chips at 10 Nanometers?
- Why SunPower Stock Is Undervalued
- Why Ebola Vaccine Makers' Stocks Soared
- eBay Inc. Will Spin Off PayPal in 2015: Carl Icahn Wins Again
- Why Revolution Lighting Technologies, Inc. Stock Has Crashed 46% This Year