A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Real Estate Investment Opportunities for the Long Term
- The Best Business Model for the Internet of Things
- 5 Things Dominion Resources, Inc.'s Management Wants You To Know
- Big Oil Dividend Stocks: Why Shell's $73 Billion Merger Could be Cheating Dividend Investors
- What's Bugging Precision Castparts?
- Quality Systems Soars as Earnings Double