A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Apple, Inc. Said About China on Its Latest Earnings Call
- National Instruments Ekes Out an Earnings Gain Despite Falling Sales
- 3 Oil Stocks We're Watching This Week
- Why I?m Not Selling My International Business Machines Corp. Shares
- Seaspan Corporation?s Expanding Fleet Delivers Strong Cash Flow Growth
- Precision Castparts Pleases Investors