A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Intel One of the Top Stocks to Buy?
- Twitter Stock Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Here's How Esperion Therapeutics, Inc. Could Get to $140
- 3 Things Ford Motor Company Investors Might Have Overlooked During Its March Sales Decline
- Earthquake Case Could Doom Fracking in Oklahoma
- How Does Warren Buffett?s Kraft Foods Buyout Compare to Past Mega-Deals?