A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Target: Opportunity or Still in the Cellar?
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- This Legendary Investor is Preparing For a Big Downturn - Should You Believe Him?
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About eBay
- Why This Hedge Fund's Buying SodaStream International Ltd. Shares
- Are America's Smallest Aircraft Carriers in Danger?