A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Today's Best Big Bank Stock
- Socially Responsible Stocks for a Stock Market Crash
- Run, Don't Walk, From These Sketchy Dividend Stocks
- Will Google's Android Wear Update Help It Challenge the Apple Watch?
- Costco Wholesale Corporation Hikes Its Dividend: Why This Is Important
- Forget Marijuana -- This Drug Offers a Far Bigger Opportunity