A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Intel Corporation?s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Cisco Systems Inc.'s Buybacks and Dividends Are Not Enough
- You?ll Never Guess Which Company Is Cashing In On Facebook?s Growth
- Domino's vs. Pizza Hut: Can You Guess the Better Pizza Company?
- Can Yelp, Inc. Continue Its Outstanding Growth?
- After Tanking 20%, Is GameStop Corp. Stock a Buy?