A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook Inc.'s eCommerce Interest Is Nice but Not Game-Changing
- Abbott Labs Earnings: Still Marking Time
- Why General Electric and Goldman Sachs Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- Here's Why Shares of Yahoo! and Zillow Are Moving Higher Today
- The S&P 500's 3 Biggest Biotech Losers of 2014
- 3 Defensive Stocks That Could Prove To Be Winners