A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Soon Airbus A350 XWB Will Meet Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the Sky -- Which One Will Fly Higher?
- The Real Reason Marijuana is a Dangerous Investment
- Move Over Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Has Bigger Plans for 2015
- Which Mobile Phone Company Has the Highest Early Termination Fees? (Hint: It Isn?t AT&T)
- 3 Supermarkets America Loves the Most and 1 You Love to Hate
- Solar is Disrupting the $2 Trillion Energy Industry: This CEO Tells You How