A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing's Latest Big Plane Sale Could Be a Tiny Nightmare for Profits
- 3 Things You Must Watch in NXP Semiconductors NV Earnings
- General Electric Company Earnings: 4 Things You Might Have Missed
- Can You Guess Which State Won't Pay for Hepatitis C Drugs?
- Citigroup and AT&T Want To Give You Your Next iPhone For Free (Seriously)
- How HBO and Netflix, Inc. Are Fighting Back Against Piracy