A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Citigroup Inc.'s Stock?
- What Does the Next-Generation Chevy Volt Mean for General Motors?
- Defense News Roundup: Billions of Dollars for Transport; MRAPs Back in the News
- Are These Stocks the Best Investments You Can Possibly Make?
- 3 Reasons Danaher Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Seadrill Ltd's Stock Could Fall