A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Macau's Advantage Over Las Vegas: Half of the World is Nearby
- Intel Corporation and Altera Corporation Surge on Possible Acquisition
- Don't Worry About the Next Drop -- Plan for It
- Why American Express Gave Costco the Boot (and Not the Other Way Around)
- Why BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Stock Is Surging Today
- Investors' Love/Hate Relationship With 3D Systems Stock