A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Caterpillar or Deere Build the Better Dividend Paying Machine?
- The 1 Reason First Bancorp Is Down 98% in the Past 10 Years
- BP's Hidden Value
- Who Makes the Most Money From Housing: Wells Fargo, JPMorgan, or Bank of America Corp?
- How 1 Regional Bank Crushed Its Competitors
- Is FedEx's Trouble With the Feds a Game-Changer?