A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel Corporation's Core M Significantly Outpaces Apple's A8 Chip
- Surprising Silver Lining for Gilead Sciences, inc. Stock
- Facebook, Inc. Is Never Going to Best Snapchat
- What McDonald's, Inc. Dividend Investors Need to Know
- 4 Obstacles That Keep Millennials From Buying Their First Homes
- 1 Tax Move You Need to Make Now