A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cummins Earnings Keep Climbing Despite International Pressure
- The 3 Best Stocks to Invest In Soda
- Can Enterprise Products' Earnings Change Investor's Perceptions?
- Are These 2 Big Pharmas Really Buyout Candidates?
- 5 Things Freeport-McMoRan Wants You to Know Right Now
- 2 Questions for Total SA When It Reports Earnings