Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- The Average American Is Just Plain Wrong on Social Security
- Will the Social Security Mess Ever Get Solved?
- 2 Frightening Social Security Statistics That Signal We Need Change
- Social Security: Would This Tiny Change Make You Retire Later?
- Would Jeb Bush's Plan to Reform Social Security Actually Work?