Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook Inc. Earnings: Profiting From Mobile Growth
- 3 Surprising Facts About Social Security That Every American Needs to Know
- 3 Ways to Legally Reduce Your 2014 Income Taxes
- This Move By Lawmakers Could Reduce Select Social Security Benefits By 19%
- Where Could Social Security Be in 30 Years?
- Social Security: Will You Get Your Money's Worth?