Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dollar General, Dollar Tree, or Family Dollar: Which One Should You Buy?
- Zumiez Is Primed for More Gains in the Future
- Hanesbrands or L Brands: Which One Is a Better Buy?
- Income Tax Inequality: Do the Rich Pay Too Much?
- The Shadow Economy Is Luring Workers Out of the Labor Force
- Be Prepared for Federal Income Tax Rates in 2014