Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Before You Quit Your Job, Know the Rules for Rolling Over Retirement Savings
- Why the Yankees Will Continue to Pay the Luxury Tax
- Obama and the Earned Income Tax Credit: What You Must Know Now
- McDonald?s: A Second Attempt at Mighty Wings
- Dow Closes Up 62; Is the Bond Market Rally Over?
- Will 2014 Be Better for Restaurants?