Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Movado Group Ran Slow Last Quarter, But Will the Watchmaker Wind Itself Up?
- 3 Reasons Bank of America Corp's Stock Could Fall
- Social Security: Why You'll Never Get the Big Payoff Your Parents Got
- Retirement Planning: 3 Strong Reasons Why You Should Invest in Your 401(k) Plan
- What Might Social Security Look Like in 20 Years?
- How Big Is the Social Security Crisis?