Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Could Be Wal-Mart?s Small-Box Strategy
- This Week's 5 Dumbest Stock Moves
- Microsoft Corporation Lets the Other Shoe Drop In Nadella's Turnaround Plan
- After a Great Quarter, Is Ubisoft Entertainment a Strong Play for Investors?
- Social Security Trust Fund: How Does It Work?
- Social Security Disability: What Happens When It Runs Out of Money?