Payroll tax is the tax paid by the employer on the salary and wages paid to employees. It includes withholding taxes deducted from the worker's paycheck as well as taxes paid by the employer: employers portion of Social Security and Medicare, federal and state unemployment tax, and in many states workers compensation.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Social Security: Would This Tiny Change Make You Retire Later?
- Would Jeb Bush's Plan to Reform Social Security Actually Work?
- Intuit Divests Quicken, and Doubles Down on Its Online Ecosystem
- Social Security at 80: What's Ahead for Your Benefits?
- 6 Financial Nuggets of Wisdom They Should Have Taught Us in School (But Didn't)
- Is Obamacare Costing America Jobs?