A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Manufacturing Jobs Didn't Create a Middle Class, Wall Street Did
- Why Fast-Food Workers Should Not Strike for Higher Minimum Wage
- Evening Dow Report: Fifth Day of Declines Sends Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase Plunging as Intel Climbs
- The Saddest Thing About the Minimum Wage Controversy
- What?s That Droning Sound at Amazon?
- This New Data Shows We're on the Wrong Path to Treating Obesity