A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Immediate Steps to Start Planning for Retirement in Your 40s
- What Is Gross Pay, and How Is It Different From Your Salary or Net Pay?
- This Issue Is Set to Dominate the 2016 Elections
- 3 Easy Ways to Run Out of Money During Retirement
- Study: Social Security Is in Worse Shape Than We Thought
- Peter Briger Jr: Fortress Investment Group's King of Debt