A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Simple Step to Dramatically Improve Your Retirement
- Forget the Budget Spreadsheet and Be Smarter With Your Cash
- Ask a Fool: Should I Load Up on Bank of America?
- Do Oil Companies Pay Enough in Taxes? Or Too Much?
- Paging Horatio Alger: Joseph Stiglitz on How Inequality Harms America
- Macy's Stock Could Be Poised for a Pullback