A paycheck is the payment received by an employee as wages or salary for services rendered. The gross pay amount is reduced by withholding tax, payments for benefits, and sometimes other payroll deductions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- "What Is My Tax Bracket?" Is the Wrong Question to Ask
- How to Use Form 1040EZ to File Your Taxes Fast
- The 401(k) Crisis and What You Can Do About It
- Doctors Make This Much Money. How Do You Compare?
- 4 Things You'll Wish You'd Thought About Before Retiring
- Want a Paycheck Advance? Consider the Pros and Cons First