Output. In calculating GDP, output is the total value of goods and services sold. Specifically, output is total expenditures obtained as the sum of personal consumption expenditures, investment expenditures by businesses, government purchases of goods and services, and expenditures by foreigners.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- OPEC Refuses To Cut Production, Sending Oil Price Down Again
- Follow the Sand to the Real Fracking Boom
- Delta (DAL) Stock: How Big is Its Fuel Advantage?
- This Antiquated Law is Costing You an Extra $18 Billion at the Pump
- What Is GDP? Your Jargon-Free Guide to One of the 20th Century's Greatest Inventions
- Don't Overlook the Other Reason for Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Gigafactory