Organic growth comes from a company's existing business, as opposed to growth powered by acquisitions.
It's important to know whether growth is organic -- an increase management was able to get from its existing business -- or the result of something like a one-time acquisition.
Organic chemicals are compounds composed of chemically combined carbon. That includes most animal and vegetable products as well a most plastics and many synthetic chemicals. The rest are inorganic chemicals, i.e., those not composed of carbon, which usually means materials of mineral origins (other than oil, coal, or natural gas).
Organic gardening refers to produce raised without the use of pesticides and sometimes chemical fertilizers.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Reasons This Company Is One of the Best High-Yield Dividend Growth Stocks You Can Buy Today
- 3 Reasons Devon Energy Corp's Stock Could Rise Again
- Is It Time to Buy IBM?
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider Will Toast Black Wednesday's Boost
- Dear Brian Moynihan: You?ve Done a Good Job so Far, But Now Comes the Hard Part
- 4 Reasons Clorox May No Longer Be a Top Dividend Stock to Buy