Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Demand for Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Dual-Motor Vehicles Is "Off the Charts"
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider Will Toast Black Wednesday's Boost
- The Best Is Still to Come From Apple Inc.?s Chip Team
- Is the Mystery of the Apple Inc. A9 Finally Solved?
- Dear Brian Moynihan: You?ve Done a Good Job so Far, But Now Comes the Hard Part
- BioMarin Takes Aim at Sarepta