Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Oil News: Saudi Arabia Blinks First, Cuts Oil Supplies in September
- Target's Bold Holiday Pricing Strategy May Make You Dump Amazon
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- The Real Reason Many Americans Dislike Obamacare
- Stealthy, Superfast, Robotic "Ghost" Boats: Is This the Future of the U.S. Navy?