Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett?s Key to Successful Investing
- This Could Be Game-Changing News for Electronic Cigarettes
- Could the Next Generation of Diabetes Treatments Be Found in This Illegal Drug?
- Why Billionaire Investor Leon Cooperman Won?t Buy More SandRidge Energy Inc. Stock
- Why Is George Soros Buying This Beaten Down Biotech Stock?
- Will AMC Be the Netflix of Multiplexes?