Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should HP Spend $5.7 Billion on Share Buybacks?
- Why GT Advanced Technologies Stock Has Lost Half Its Value in 3 Months
- Why Ebola Vaccine Makers' Stocks Soared
- Westport Innovations' Stock Is Down 80%: Are Natural Gas Vehicles a Dead Idea?
- American Airlines Group, Inc. Doubles Down on Dallas for Asian Flights
- Why Westport Innovations Inc. Stock Crashed More Than 25%