Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Google Spread Too Thin?
- Why Amazon.com and Starbucks Gained on Earnings
- Weak Gold and Copper Prices Tarnish Newmont Mining Corp's Results
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Why Xilinx Inc., Biogen Idec Inc., and Qualcomm Incorporated Are Today?s 3 Worst Stocks
- Why McDonald's Stabilization Plan Will Boost Sales