Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Small Price Increases Mean Big Sales for Ford's 2015 F-150?
- Is There Any Hope for Caesar's Ahead of Its Second Quarter Earnings Release?
- 3 Reasons Freeport-McMoRan's Stock Will Soar
- 3 Reasons to Be Cautious Ahead of Tesla Motors' Earnings This Week
- Why RF Micro Devices Beat Wall Street's Expectations
- Is This How Apple, Inc. Can Afford Sapphire For the Rumored iPhone 6?