Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dunkin? Donuts Puts a Twist on a McDonald?s Favorite
- Big Oil's Biggest Project in Decades Is About to Start Paying Off
- The Model X Could Help Double Tesla Motors Inc.'s Sales
- Warren Buffett Is Making a Mistake Holding Phillips 66
- As Libyan Oil Exports Plummet, European Producers Deserve Attention
- Will ExxonMobil's Future Production Disappoint?