Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Australia Helps Vail Resorts Narrow Its Losses
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?
- Why Westport Innovations Inc. (USA) Stock Fell 10% Today
- Amazon.com's Drones Are Ready for Primetime
- Analysts Are Overlooking GoPro Inc.'s Biggest Growth Markets
- China Serves Up a New Airplane. Will It Eat Boeing's Lunch?