Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Qualcomm, Inc. Earnings: You'll Never Guess Who's Ditching the Snapdragon Chip
- 2 Important Graphs From Boeing Co's Earnings You Need to See
- 2014 Earnings Soar! Hear Boeing Co. Roar!
- Offshore News: Oil Giants Form Gulf of Mexico Alliance to Unlock Recent Discoveries
- How Investors in the United States Should Think About the Events in Greece
- Arctic Cat Weathers Winter Storms as Turnaround Efforts Take Shape