Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Puma Biotechnology Inc's Overnight Triple is Just the Beginning
- 2 Quotes That Show Why Chipotle Stock Will Keep Winning
- 2 Factors to Keep Tabs On During The Boeing Company's Second-Quarter Results
- Herbalife Says "I Think I-Cahn" as Short-Sellers Go "Ack, Man"
- Howard Hughes Corporation: A Real Estate Development Play With Strong Chances to Outperform
- Why Herbalife, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and FuelCell Energy Are Today's 3 Best Stocks