Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Dow Stocks Hiding Weak Growth Prospects With Share Buybacks
- Is Google Glass Ready for a Comeback?
- Hewlett-Packard Company May Cause "Big Headaches" for 3D Printing Stocks
- Can the Microsoft Surface Really Replace Your Laptop?
- Google Inc. Could Reveal an "Internet of Things" OS Soon
- Will Intel Corporation's Skylake Allow Apple Inc. to Cut the Discrete GPU Out of the MacBook?