Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Samsung Will Not Acquire Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- How to Manage Your Money Like a CEO
- Apple?s (Not So) Big iPhone 6s Rumor Is (Probably) True
- This Burger Stock Is Overrated (Hint: It's Not Shake Shack)
- 3 Best Dividend Stocks for 2015
- Could This Animated Movie About a Little Girl's Emotions Be Walt Disney Co.'s Next "Frozen"?