Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Water Is the New Soda -- and That's a Problem for Coke and Pepsi
- 5 Things Geospace Technologies' Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- Get Ready, Because Big Changes Are Coming to Obamacare in 2016
- Is This the Apple Watch Metric That Apple, Inc. Desperately Wants to Hide From Competitors?
- How To Get Your FICO Score For Free