Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why FuelCell Energy Inc. Has Skyrocketed 78% in 2014
- Here's Why General Electric Company Is Putting Billions into Aviation
- Boeing 787 and Airbus A350: A Tale of Two Planes
- Why Seniors are Flocking to This Newer Medicare
- Is Medical Marijuana the Answer to Lowering Healthcare Costs?
- Why Unemployment Rates in These 5 States Could Soar Next Year