Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Annuities: Good or Bad?
- Was Warren Buffett Wrong About Google Inc.?
- MSA Safety Inc. Earnings Miss Expectations As Energy and Currencies Weigh on Results
- 3 Things Chipotle Is Doing Right That McDonald's Is Doing Wrong
- These Stocks Just Raised Their Dividends
- Some Americans Won't Give Up Cable No Matter What the Economy Does