Orbital Sciences (NYSE: ORB) develops and manufactures small rockets and space systems for commercial, military and civil government customers, including the U.S. Department of Defense, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and other U.S. government agencies.
Orbital Sciences develops and manufactures small- and medium-class rockets and space systems for commercial, military and civil government customers. Their primary products and services include the following:
- Launch Vehicles Rockets that are used as interceptor and target vehicles for missile defense systems, small- and medium-class space launch vehicles that place satellites into Earth orbit, and suborbital launch vehicles that place payloads into a variety of high-altitude trajectories
- Satellites and Space Systems Small- and medium-class spacecraft that are used to enable global and regional communications and broadcasting, to conduct space-related scientific research, to carry out interplanetary and other deep-space exploration missions, to enable national security applications, to collect imagery and other remotely-sensed data about the Earth and demonstrate new space technologies
- Advanced Space Programs Human-rated space systems for Earth-orbit and lunar exploration, advanced launch systems for medium-class satellites, and small satellites and satellite subsystems primarily used for national security space programs and to demonstrate new space technologies.
Orbital Sciences Corp. April 29th, 2009 10-Q
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Orbital Sciences Corporation's Earnings Soar
- When Orbital Sciences Corp. Warns, Orbital Sciences Stock Burns
- Did the White House Just Help Russia Ban Us From the International Space Station?
- Is Russia Preventing the U.S. From Traveling To the International Space Station? America's Latest Pr
- Russia Bans U.S. From International Space Station: How Should America Respond?