An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Deal-Hungry Pfizer Won't Stop With Hospira; Who Could Be Next?
- Will Russia's Armata Tank Actually Be a "Drone"?
- Why Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Shares Crashed 17% in January
- Amazon?s Earnings Surprise While Google Flops
- 2 of the Top 5 Credit Unions in the Country Cater Largely to the Military
- 12 Thoughts About Investing and the Economy