An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Other Countries Aren't Worried About 30-Year Mortgage Rates
- Can NVIDIA's SHIELD Tablet Really Be the Next Big Thing in Gaming?
- The Huge Retirement Mistake Millennials Are Making
- What Do Short-Sellers Have Against These 3 Companies?
- Microsoft Investors Should Be Thrilled That the Surface Mini Is Dead
- Having Trouble Saving? Maybe You?re Feeling Powerless