An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A 401(k) Loan Might Make Sense, but it Should Only Be Your Last Resort
- Amazon's Fall TV Preview Is Out: Here's What You Need to Know
- Rise of an Arab Superpower -- With Aircraft Carriers
- Will the FDA Approve All 3 of These Cancer Drugs in October?
- This Trillion-Dollar Portfolio Offers Double the Dividend Yield of the S&P 500
- Netflix Inc. Gets Besieged From All Sides. Is the Leading Streamer in Trouble?