An option ARM is another variety of an adjustable rate mortgage with a teaser interest rate. In this variant the borrower has the option to select between several payment schedules when the ARM resets. One of them probably includes a balloon payment.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Finally Gets It Right
- Read This Before Buying AMD Stock
- Everything You Need to Know About VA Mortgage Refinancing
- Why I Trust Google and Netflix to Out-Innovate Apple and Comcast
- 8 Common Refinance Mistakes
- Are Degrees From For-Profit Colleges Worth the Paper They're Printed On?