Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Takeaways From Valero Energy Corporation?s Earnings
- Embraer Loses Altitude as Defense Prospects Sour
- Gartner Inc. Earnings: FX Weighs on Results, but Contract Value Growth Impresses
- Why Vonage Holdings Corp. Stock Jumped 20% Today
- An Animal of a Quarter for IDEXX
- Why Sonus Networks, Inc. Stock Jumped Again Thursday