Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Rare Bit of Good News for Lockheed Martin's F-35 Stealth Fighter
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?
- Why Westport Innovations Inc. (USA) Stock Fell 10% Today
- Why Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Shares Fell 26% in November
- Meet the Consumer Goods Wizards Acquiring Keurig Green Mountain
- Should We Be Excited About Amazon.com, Inc.? A Contrarian Perspective