Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stratasys, Ltd. Earnings: 2 Key Areas to Watch on Monday
- 3 Products That Will Make Apple the First $1 Trillion Company
- Whole Foods Market Inc: 3 Takeaways From First Quarter Earnings
- DigitalGlobe Inc Sets the Stage for Growth With Another Solid Quarter
- Why J.C. Penney Company Stock Is Plunging After Hours
- 3 Tech Powerhouses for Dividend Investors