Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Priceline Group's Stock Is Up More Than 37% in the Past Year
- Why Xilinx Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., and Linear Technology Corporation Are Today's 3 Worst Stock
- AT&T, Inc. Misses Q2 Estimates; Shares Fall 1.9%
- Is Chipotle a Starbucks or a Whole Foods?
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. Beats Q2 Estimates; Shares Fall 7% Anyhow
- Northrop Grumman Stock Undermined By Low Quality of Earnings, Shrinking Backlog