Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Big Pharma: An Up-Close Look at One Key Player
- Why Wendys Co Is Flying While McDonald's Corporation Is Dying
- Tesla's Gigafactory May Not Be a Game Changer After All
- How Microsoft Corporation?s Windows 10 Could Save Windows Phone
- 3 Risks for My Favorite Biotech Stock in 2015
- Oil Prices Skyrocket on Friday -- Is This The End of Cheap Oil?