Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Westport Innovations Q3 Earnings: Major Changes Underway... but Is It Too Late?
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- MercadoLibre Stock Explodes Higher After a Blowout Quarter
- MasTec Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings Show Expected Progress and Promise a Better 2015
- Boston Beer Co., Inc. Earnings: Cheers to a Great Quarter