Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why I Am Not an Apple Shareholder
- 2015?s Best Stocks for Growth Investors
- Can Coca-Cola's Compete With Silicon Valley's Food Movement?
- Can Silicon Valley's Food Movement Spur Coca-Cola's Next Phase of Growth??
- Why I'm Not Worried About Citigroup's $3.5 Billion Charge
- Better Buy in 2015: Starbucks or McDonald's?