Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Global Payments Inc. Jumped 11% Today
- What Investors Need to Know About the CPI Card Group IPO
- Mistras Group Soars on Unexpected Earnings, Sales Strength
- Starbucks Corporation Stock: Up 60%, but Still a Buy?
- Why SunEdison Inc's Stock Jumped 16% Today
- High Aircraft Utilization Could Lift Volaris' Profit