Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why PepsiCo Is Better as a Single, Diversified Company Rather Than Two Separate Companies
- The Latest Turnaround in Teen Retail Could Be Underway
- Travelers Companies Inc Earnings: Are Storm Clouds Looming?
- A Good Defense Can Be the Best Offense: Two Stocks for Your Portfolio
- Why Yahoo! Shares Could Test Highs Ahead of the Alibaba IPO
- Google and Facebook: 2 Major Threats to AT&T and Verizon