Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Value Stocks: 2 to Buy, 1 to Avoid
- Zoe's Kitchen Q2 Results: Underwhelming, at Least for a Picky Market
- 5 Things Targa Resources' Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things Reynolds American Management Wants You to Know
- Why Shares of Keurig Green Mountain Inc. Crashed in August
- Five Below Takes a Hit As Sales Growth Slows, Earnings Fall