Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Movado Group, Inc. Dials Up Some EPS Growth
- The Nation's Largest Insurer Just Dropped a Bombshell on Obamacare
- Can Bio-Engineered Products Make a Turnaround in 2016?
- 1 Super Stock for 2025
- What Investors Need to Know About Itron, Inc.'s Q3 Earnings
- 5 Things Target Corporation's Management Wants You to Know