Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Blue Buffalo Pet Products Inc Tumbled 30% in September
- Why Finisar Corporation's Stock Plunged 28% in September
- Good News for Qualcomm, Inc. Investors
- Here?s Why Bank of America?s Trading Operations Weigh on Its Share Price
- Disney?s Movies Are Not a Silver Bullet Against Cable Losses
- What a Difference a Year Makes for Calumet Specialty Products Partners