Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. Beats Q2 Estimates; Shares Fall 7% Anyhow
- Northrop Grumman Stock Undermined By Low Quality of Earnings, Shrinking Backlog
- Is This Growing Energy Company Flying Under Your Radar?
- Does Caterpillar or Deere Build the Better Dividend Paying Machine?
- Alcoa Inc. Courting Growth and Security at the Same Time
- Is Kimberly-Clark a Buy After a Post-Earnings Drop?