Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why General Electric Company?s Q2 Is a Big Win for Its CEO
- Key Takeaways From Home Depot?s 2014 European Investor Meetings
- Will Home Depot Deliver a Strong Second Quarter?
- Are These the Best 3 Energy Growth Stocks in America?
- Is Coal?s Recent Comeback Enough to Save Coal Producers?
- This Is 1 Problem With Valero Energy Partners