Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Splunk, Inc. Spikes on an Impressive Quarterly Beat
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- Does Clean Energy Fuels' Recent Announcement Bode Well for Westport Innovations?
- Baidu Inc (ADR) Launches Into Online-to-Offline Investments With Laundry App
- Believe It or Not, This Coal Company Just Raised Its Dividend
- 5 Stocks for Retirees to Buy