Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Aims at Big Players in Payment Processing
- Why Qualcomm Stock Is Too Cheap to Ignore
- 3 Convincing Reasons to Consider Buying Ares Capital Corp.'s Dividend Stock
- Westport Innovations Q3 Earnings: Major Changes Underway... but Is It Too Late?
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November