Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings Trump Oil Price Plunge to Hit Record High
- Wall Street Still Doesn't "Get" Chipotle Mexican Grill!
- Can Interface Inc. Bounce Back From Another Lackluster Quarter?
- Morningstar, Inc. Reports a Mixed Quarter
- Intel Corporation Thinks 15% of PCs Will Feature Cellular Connections by 2018
- Why Microsoft Corporation's Windows Phone Strategy Will Pay Off