Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, LinkedIn, and Baidu: 3 Must-Watch Tech Earnings Reports Next Week
- Can Sony Corporation's Xperia Z4 Compete Against Samsung Group's Galaxy S6?
- Hundreds of Tanks Roll Through Red Square. Are You Nervous Yet?
- Was There a Silver Lining in General Motors' First Quarter?
- 2 Oversold Stocks in Retail Poised for a Turnaround
- U.S. Bancorp CEO Predicts a "Tsunami" of Economic Activity Before Federal Reserve's Interest Rate Hi