Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Red Lobster Spinoff Caught in Trap of Its Own Making
- Thankfully for these 2 Companies, Coal Prices are Finally Showing Signs of Life
- 1 Reason DuPont Shares Could Crack This Week
- Why Magellan Midstream Partners May Belong in Your Portfolio
- CSX Corporation Beats Estimates, but Still Looks Expensive
- Be Careful When Buying Fertilizers Because Not All Are Created Equal