Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- North Korea Attacks Hollywood: What It Means for Sony
- 1 Big Reason Seadrill Will Survive the Drop in Oil
- Warren Buffett Doesn't Know What He's Missing with This Stock
- 3 CEOs Who Impressed Us the Most in 2014
- Nike, Inc. Outruns Earnings Expectations -- Again
- Is Now the Time to Buy Kinder Morgan and These 3 High-Yield Oil Investments?