Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- United Airlines Books Its Highest Quarterly Profit Yet
- Why Shares of BJ's Restaurants, Inc. Are On Fire Today
- Read This Before Buying GoPro Stock
- United Parcel Service Inc. Reports Earnings: The Key Number You Need to Follow
- Ford Motor Company (F) Has Tanked 20% Over the Last Year -- but Investors Should Focus on This Inste
- Is Now the Time to Buy DuPont Stock?