Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here?s an Ace Up Exxonmobil?s And Chevron?s Sleeve
- The Best (and Maybe Only) Way to Beat the Market With Bank Stocks
- Stock Alert! Troubling Developments Emerge at Embraer
- Why It's Time to Buy Adobe Systems Inc. Stock
- Why Volcano Corporation's Shares Erupted Today
- 3D Systems Corporation Insider: Expect More Profitability in 2015