Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Most Expensive Stock in Transportation Worth Buying
- Investors' Love/Hate Relationship With 3D Systems Stock
- Why This Transportation Stalwart Isn't Built to Last
- Is This Tiny Biotech Still a Buy at All-Time Highs?
- 3 Up-and-Coming Restaurant Stocks to Watch
- Lululemon Athletica Bounces Back But Paints a Gloomy Picture for 2015