Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cognex Corporation's Guidance Disappoints
- Sierra Wireless Inc. Finds More Risk Than Reward in the Internet of Things
- Douglas Dynamics Climbs on Strong Plow Demand, Improved Guidance
- Has Ford's Aluminum F-150 Finally Turned the Corner?
- Texas Roadhouse Earnings Sink Despite Solid Sales Growth
- Trex Co. Inc.: Mr. Market Sees Weak Guidance, but There's a Bigger Picture