Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Eye-Opening Things Texas Instruments Incorporated Management Wants You To Know
- What Went Wrong With General Motors' First Quarter?
- These 2 Small-Cap Airlines Are Soaring on Stellar Earnings
- Panera Has Investors Excited Going Into Earnings
- 5 Things Investors Need to Know About Amazon's Web Services Financial Results
- 5 Things Starbucks Corporation Management Wants You to Know