Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How United Airlines Just Made It a Lot Easier to Check Your Bags
- Can America's Wealthy Make Embraer SA's Dream Come True?
- Integrated Oil & Gas Isn't Really That Integrated Anymore
- 3 Reasons Seadrill Ltd's Stock Could Fall
- Should the U.S. Navy Spend $10 Billion to Build a Fleet of Floating Gas Stations?
- 5 Things Chipotle Mexican Grill's Management Wants You to Know