Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Buy Today: General Electric or Honeywell International Inc.?
- FedEx's Big Merger Plans Are Close to Becoming a Reality
- Checking in on NVIDIA Corporation?s Tegra Business
- 3 Companies That Could Become Tax Inversion Targets
- 3 Stock Buys This Billionaire Hedge-Fund Guru Just Made
- What ConAgra Inc.'s Spinoff Will Mean for Investors