Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 1 Way Amazon.com Is Catching Wal-Mart
- How Tiffany Plans to Shine Forever: The Advantage of Pricing Power
- Costco, Whole Foods, and The Container Store: 3 Companies Proving That Happy Employees Can Make Shar
- Consider Staying Away From Dollar Tree...For Now
- Why Domino's Brightest Days are Ahead
- Is Craft Brew Too Expensive?