Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Risks for My Favorite Biotech Stock in 2015
- Oil Prices Skyrocket on Friday -- Is This The End of Cheap Oil?
- Obamacare Hurdles Lowered Expectations, But Has 3 Major Questions Left Unanswered
- The Sequester? General Dynamics Corporation Laughs at Your Sequester
- 3 Reasons Facebook Stock Could Rise
- Better Bad News Buy: IBM or Microsoft Corporation?