Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon Web Services Continues Its Tremendous Growth
- Should Walt Disney Co. Charge Demand-Based Prices at Its Parks?
- Why MiMedx Group Tumbled 14% Today
- Why Dunkin' Brands Group May Not Stand a Chance Against Starbucks
- Why You Should Avoid Micron Technology Inc.'s Stock
- Starz Stock Is Getting Scarier -- and That's a Good Thing