Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 World Champions for Your Portfolio: eBay, Las Vegas Sands, and Starbucks
- A Few Reasons Why You Would Want to Buy This Retailer
- America's Favorite Doughnut
- Why Intel Shouldn?t Give Up on Cellular
- Cree Inc Tumbles on Mixed Results, Ambivalent Forecast
- VMware Inc Beats Q1 Estimates, Looks Forward to Growth in the Mobile Cloud