Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks to Watch: Business Development Companies
- Will Visa Spend $20 Billion to Get This European Business Back?
- Big Lots Overcomes a Harsh Winter to Find Profit Growth
- Here's What the Managers of the $8.6 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Buying
- Veeva's Earnings Growth Leaves Investors Unimpressed
- Splunk, Inc. Stock Falls Despite Another Great Quarter