Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Investor to Olive Garden: Stop Serving So Many Breadsticks... and 3 More Fixes We Want to See!
- Tibco Software, Inc. Stock Falls On Disappointing Results
- LINN Energy LLC Finally Strikes Oil in ExxonMobil Corporation Trade
- 5 Things Schlumberger Management Wants You to Know
- Is It Time to Buy Dollar General Stock?
- 3 Reasons McKesson Corporation's Stock Could Fall