Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Difference Between Gross Profit & Sales Revenue
- The 3 Best Stocks in Mining
- Ready to Invest in Solar Energy? This Semiconductor May Be your Best Bet
- Turnaround Efforts at Sierra Wireless Inc. Yielding Mixed Results
- How T Rowe Price Group?s High-Flying Profit Makes Its Dividend a Slam Dunk
- Value Stocks: 2 to Buy, 1 to Avoid