Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What ConAgra Inc.'s Spinoff Will Mean for Investors
- Allegiant Travel Company Is Ending Its Hawaii Experiment
- Why Growth Is the Enemy of Solar Stocks
- Better Buy Now: Dunkin Brands Group Inc or Krispy Kreme Doughnuts?
- Movado Group, Inc. Dials Up Some EPS Growth
- The Nation's Largest Insurer Just Dropped a Bombshell on Obamacare