Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Zoe's Kitchen Inc. Earnings: 30% Revenue Growth Fails to Impress
- Splunk, Inc. Spikes on an Impressive Quarterly Beat
- Movado Group, Inc. Shares Surge as Second-Quarter Results Top Expectations
- Why Signet Jewelers Limited Soared on Thursday
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- 2 Dividend Stocks to Buy and 1 to Avoid