Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Barnes & Noble Still Has Potential
- It's a Textbook Case for These Companies
- How to Grow a $100 Billion Company by Double Digits
- Kimberly-Clark's Healthcare Spin-off Will Enhance Shareholder Value
- Kroger Bags a 15% Increase in Adjusted EPS in Q3
- You Should Be Shopping at Tiffany?s Instead of Zale or Signet