Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Lockheed Martin Reports Earnings: Should Investors Be Pleased or Worried?
- Breaking News: UPS Finalizes Its Labor Contract in a Historically Unprecedented and Aggressive Way
- Why Unisys Corporation Shares Plunged Today
- Value Investing: What It Is and What to Buy
- 2 Key Takeaways From iRobot's Earnings Call Today
- Are These 3 Companies Doomed?