Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netgear's Earnings: Solid Quarter Sends Mixed Signals
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Earnings: Sounding Off With a Strong Quarter
- Amazon.com Stock Gets Trashed After Earnings: What You Need to Know
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust Earnings: Strong Travel Trends Yield High-End Results
- Warren Buffett Lost Billions This Week -- Is He Losing His Touch?
- Weatherford International Plc Earnings: What You Need to Know