Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- I Finally Took My Own Advice and Bought Shares of ExxonMobil
- Growing Dividends Are Great News for Investors in The Walt Disney Company
- BlackBerry?s Android Phone Could Be Coming Sooner Than You Think
- Will Target Corporation Sell Its Grocery Business Next?
- Is Under Armour a Good Bet?: Nike as a Road Map
- 3 Energy Companies That Will Do Well Despite Low Oil Prices