Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Making All the Right Moves, Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (ADR) Still Gets Punished
- Verizon Again Shows It's Not Playing Nice With Competing Carriers
- 4 Reasons This Company Is One of the Best High-Yield Dividend Growth Stocks You Can Buy Today
- 3 Threats to Halliburton Company's Stock
- 4 Reasons Dollar Tree Inc. Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Pfizer, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know