Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MasterCard Stock: Is the Competitive Advantage Sustainable?
- Facebook, Inc. Stock Nearly Doubles Since Its IPO -- Buy, Sell, or Hold?
- Why Warren Buffett Wouldn't Touch J.C. Penney Stock
- Will Lexus? Performance Rev Up Toyota?s Dollar Dreams?
- Will The Clorox Company Post Strong Fourth-Quarter Results or Will It Disappoint Again?
- Boeing's Difficulties: Did a $272 Million Cost Overrun, or Something Worse, Push Its Share Price Dow