Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Dollar Tree Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Ways Microsoft Can Save Windows Phone
- American Apparel Adds a Second Woman To Its Board, Will It Matter?
- 5 Things Boeing's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons BP's Stock Could Rise
- FactSet: Does This Company Have a Strong Competitive Advantage?