Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now
- Is WisdomTree Investments Inc. Finally Poised for a Turnaround?
- RF Micro Devices Earnings: Rapid Revenue Growth
- Why McDonald's Corporation Can't Keep Up With Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Eaton Corp. PLC Earnings: Solid Quarter, but Economic Growth Remains an Issue
- 3 Huge Risks Facing Amazon