Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Delivers Growth and High Margins
- International Business Machines Corp. Delivers a Mixed Q1 Amid Heavy Headwinds
- How Much Might a $10,000 Investment in U.S. Bancorp Be Worth in 25 Years?
- Halliburton Beats Consensus Estimates but Margins Take Big Hit
- Halliburton Company Earnings: A Real Kitchen Sink Quarter
- Hasbro Inc Earnings Show the Power of Brands