Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Sell GameStop Corp. Stock?
- 5 Things Las Vegas Sands Management Wants You to Know
- This Company Was a Logistical Nightmare for Investors in August
- Ford Motor Company Stands Tall Amid Rougher August Sales Data
- Why I Bought More LinkedIn Stock
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd. Delivers Solid Earnings Beat, but Questions Linger