Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Arcos Dorados Holdings Inc. Fell 32% in September
- Is Ford Motor Company Finally Breaking Through Its Toughest Region?
- Why Shares of Monster Worldwide, Inc. Fell 12% in September
- Are Things Looking Up for Samsung's Smartphones?
- 4 Positive Takeaways From Costco's Fiscal 2015 Earnings
- 3 Questions for Starbucks Corporation CEO Howard Schultz