Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why JetBlue May Recover Faster Than United Continental
- Arcam AB's New 3-D Printer Takes Off With Aerospace Companies
- 7 Reasons McDonald's Is No Longer Considered "Golden"
- 2 Stocks for Playing America's Hottest Oil Patch
- Why Cummins Inc. Shares Could Explode Next Week
- The U.S. Military Just Doubled Its Purchases of Tomahawk Missiles. Here's Why