Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing's Most Dangerous Missile Just Got Twice as Dangerous
- 2 Great Stocks Senior Citizens Can Buy Now
- Heico Corp. Stock Slumps Then Soars. What Happened?
- Should You Follow Goldman Sachs Advice on Oil Stocks?
- MLP Basics: A Simple Way to Understand Master Limited Partnerships
- What Should UPS and FedEx Do With SurePost and SmartPost?