Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- HomeAway Continues Growth and Celebrates 1 Million Paid Listings
- Beef Prices Are Exploding! But Wendy?s Doesn?t Care, and Neither Should You
- 3M Delivers Again, but Mind the Multiple
- Don?t Count McDonald?s Out Yet; Just Ask Starbucks
- Will Subaru's Q1 Fortify Its Position in the U.S.?
- Maybe Newmont Mining Was Right After All