Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Buy With Dividends Yielding More Than 4%
- Why Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch Co. Are Out of Fashion Today
- Why McDonald's Corporation Is Ignoring 70% Of Americans' Wishes
- Why Veeva Systems Inc. Tumbled Today
- When ?Sin? Pays: Going All-in With the Gaming Industry
- 3 Companies That Could Unlock Shareholder Value Through a Split or Spinoff