Operating margin is defined as Operating Profit divided by Revenue (or Sales).
<math>Operating\ Margin=Operating\ Profit / Revenue</math>
Operating margin is expressed as a percent of revenue and is the amount of profit you have for each $1 in sales after deducting all expenses other than interest and taxes.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Long-Term Risk in McDonald's Turnaround Plan
- Hewlett-Packard Company Drops and Guess? Inc. Jump on Flat Day for Stocks
- Why HP, Abengoa, and Petroleo Brasileiro Slumped Today
- How Intel Corp. Is Shuffling Around Its Spending
- How Johnson & Johnson Spent $71 Billion in 12 Months
- The Coca-Cola Co. Tries a Slimming Formula