They are sometimes called SARE (Sales, Administration, Research and Engineering). They include:
- Research and development, engineering, IT
- Depreciation and amortization
- Selling, general, and administrative costs. These include:
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Where Will Peabody Energy Be in 10 Years?
- Better Buy Now: Dunkin Brands Group Inc or Krispy Kreme Doughnuts?
- Will Deep Holiday Discounts Hurt Profit Margins at Macy's and Target?
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Tweaks Its Aircraft Plans
- Is Cisco Systems Inc. the Best Growth-and-Income Stock in Tech?
- 2016 Will Also Be the Year of FANG