They are sometimes called SARE (Sales, Administration, Research and Engineering). They include:
- Research and development, engineering, IT
- Depreciation and amortization
- Selling, general, and administrative costs. These include:
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Roundtable: 1 Stock to Buy in December
- 1 Sign Chesapeake is Serious About Financial Discipline
- Can an Accessories-focused Jones Group Catch the Michael Kors' Freight Train?
- Korn/Ferry's Earnings Preview: 3 Things to Watch
- Can Veeva Systems' Partnership With Salesforce.com Lift Its Earnings?
- Intel Is Smart to Pursue Google Chromebooks, but Should Microsoft Worry?