An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The $1.7 Billion Liability Hiding on Transocean Ltd.'s Balance Sheet
- The Magic to This Monthly Dividend Stock's Success
- Could Exact Sciences Corporation Really Be Worth $3 Billion?
- 3 Reasons Caterpillar Inc. Stock Could Tumble
- 3 Promising Retail Stocks to Watch
- 3 Dividend Stocks Wall Street Is Wrong About