An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netgear's Earnings: Solid Quarter Sends Mixed Signals
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Earnings: Sounding Off With a Strong Quarter
- After Facebook Stock Surged 40% in 2014, Are Shares Still a Buy?
- Amazon.com Stock Gets Trashed After Earnings: What You Need to Know
- Is It Time to Buy Parker-Hannifin Corporation Stock?
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust Earnings: Strong Travel Trends Yield High-End Results