An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Industries Where Mergers and Acquisitions May Become the Norm
- Are Halliburton Company and Schlumberger Limited About to Change the Oil Industry Forever?
- Why Shares of Energy XXI Ltd Plunged 11% Today
- Here?s Why Energy XXI Ltd.?s Stock Nosedived 21.7% in June
- Microsoft Corporation Windows 10 Is Beating Windows 7 in This Key Market
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Natural Gas