An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What Health Insurers Have in Common With Grocers
- Alliance One: A Few More Puffs In This Cigar Butt
- Brown-Forman Raises Expectations After Banner Quarter
- Should Investors Pay Attention to this Low-Risk Hotel Investment?
- Can Valeant Continue This Growth?
- Invest Before the U.S. Surpasses Saudi Arabian Oil Production by 2018