An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Value Stocks You Should Consider
- GoPro Investors Can?t Ignore These 3 Key Problems
- 5 Things HCA Holdings, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Union Pacific Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- Is Microsoft's Windows Phone Bound to Be a Flop?
- Top 10 Theme Parks: Disney Dominates and Is About to Get Even Better