An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- WisdomTree Grabs Up More Assets and Aims for Faster Growth
- Tech Stocks Weekly: Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc. and The News You Need to Know
- Stocks With Monthly Dividends 2014: STAG Industrial
- Is Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc Spending This $1 Billion Wisely?
- How AbbVie Inc. Excelled in Third Quarter
- Investor Alert: Apple's Financial Reports Will Look Different Going Forward