An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- If You Think Microsoft's Gaining Tablet Momentum Now, Just Wait Until 2019
- 400 Billion Reasons to Buy Baidu Inc (ADR)
- Key Questions for Walt Disney Co as Subscriber Losses at ESPN Accelerate
- Australia Helps Vail Resorts Narrow Its Losses
- A Rare Bit of Good News for Lockheed Martin's F-35 Stealth Fighter
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?