An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Reasons Whole Foods and Instacart Can Deliver the Goods
- Where Are the Best-Paying Energy Industry Jobs? Hint: Not in the U.S.
- Will Russia Beat America in the Race (Back) to the Moon?
- Libyan Oil Production Down 30% Following Rocket Attack
- 20 Years Later, This Disney Theme Park Is Still a Loser
- This Surprising Restaurant Chain Is Tops in Fast Casual Dining (Hint: It's Not Chipotle)