An operating company is one that provides a product or service. That compares to a holding company that often is staffed by administrative personnel and may be limited to executives and accounting functions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stock Buys This $25 Billion Hedge Fund Giant Just Made
- Movado Group, Inc. Dials Up Some EPS Growth
- 5 Things Newmont Mining Corp.'s Management Wants You to Know
- The Nation's Largest Insurer Just Dropped a Bombshell on Obamacare
- Why Are Comcast's Data Cap Exemptions Evil If T-Mobile's Are A-OK?
- The U.S. Steel Industry's Not Running at Full Speed