Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What's Nike Inc.'s Secret Sauce?
- Amgen Crushes Wall Street's Expectations in Q2, But This Figure Is a Bit Worrisome
- Growth Investors Need to Put This IPO on Their Watchlist
- After Hasbro Inc.'s Great Quarter, Is It Still a Buy?
- 3 Things You Probably Don't Know About Roth IRAs
- How to Buy Bank Stocks Like a Boss