Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Apple Really a Threat to Sirius XM?
- Facebook, Inc. Stock Nearly Doubles Since Its IPO -- Buy, Sell, or Hold?
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- Why the Resale Value of Your Rental Property Doesn't Matter
- The EPA Just Boosted a Key Growth Strategy for Clean Energy Fuels
- Is Half the Country in Serious Financial Trouble?