Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Undervalued Stocks in Telecom Worth Buying
- Why Don't Some People Like Facebook's Internet.org?
- Here's What Billionaire Activist Carl Icahn Has Been Buying and Selling
- The Typical American Has This Much In Home Equity -- How About You?
- The 2 Best Stocks for Investing in Regional Banks
- 3 Reasons Coach Inc.'s Stock Might Not Be Done Falling