Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing Reveals the Secret Identity of Its Biggest Buyer
- 15 Wise Moves to Make With Your Enormous Tax Refund
- The Warren Buffett Quote that Completely Transformed How I Think About Banking
- Let Me Explain Why Wells Fargo's 1st-Quarter Earnings Were Better Than They Appeared
- 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Water
- Mobile Tech: 3 Up-and-Coming Stocks to Watch