Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons You Should Consider Buying This High-Yield Dividend Growth Champion Today
- Dividends That Will Last Long After You Retire
- Read This Before Buying Wynn Resorts, Limited Stock for Its Dividend Yield
- Why DISH Network Might Be Considering a Big Merger
- 3 Reasons Workday Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying