Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Win the Lottery: There's Only One Way
- Why the New Features for Ford Motor Company's 2015 F-150 Are a Smart Move
- Retirement Investing: Could This Be The Safest 8% Return You?ll Ever Find?
- Did General Electric Company Abandon the "Smart Home" of the Future?
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Splunk Jumps On A Rock Solid Quarter