Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Tech Billionaires You?ve Likely Never Heard Of
- How Donald Trump Became an American Billionaire Icon
- The Compelling Story of Katy Perry's Path to Stardom
- Las Vegas Sands Earnings: Should Investors Worry About Declining Revenues?
- Is Visa Inc.'s Fat Dividend Increase Sustainable?
- 3 Reasons Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Stock Could Tumble