Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- SandRidge Energy Inc. Takes Another Step Forward
- IRS Form 8880 Can Save You $1,000 if You're Saving for Retirement
- This Billionaire Thinks Apple Inc Shares Are Worth $240 -- But He Isn't Buying More
- FerrellGas Partners Took a 12% Dip in September, Here's Why
- One Energy Dividend You Shouldn't Overlook
- 3 Tech Stocks With Big Margins of Safety