Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 5 Best Countries to Retire In
- What Is Jeremy Clarkson's Net Worth?
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- Don't Be Fooled: Sears Holdings' First Profit in 3 Years Doesn't Mean Much
- An Easy, Safer Way to Invest Your Money in the Hottest Startups
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs That You Can Still Buy