Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What to Watch When Atwood Oceanics, Inc. Reports Earnings
- 1 Hidden Skill Investors Should Learn From Warren Buffet
- Will General Electric Company's Rebalancing Act Pay Off in 2015?
- Solar Stocks Could Be In For a Big Year in 2015
- Can You Guess What Legal Drug Outsells the NFL?
- How Does Netflix Work?