Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Get on Your Watchlist
- Why VMware, Inc. Shares Sank Today
- 3 Takeaways From iRobot Corporation Earnings
- United Technologies Corporation Earnings: Guidance Raised, Stock Price Rose in Tandem
- Why the Boeing Company?s Q1 Earnings Could Be a Mixed Bag
- Has the Short Thesis on Netflix Been Put to Rest?