Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How the Arena Football League Made a Comeback: An Insider's Perspective
- Earnings Storm Leaves Dow Flat as UnitedHealth Group, IBM Plunge
- Why I'm Done With Financial Goals
- When Internet Growth Collapses
- Will A Bet on This Gambling Giant Pay Off?
- Why Jordan Spieth's Masters Performance Made Under Armour Happy