Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here?s Why Avago?s Results Are a Good Indicator of Apple Inc. iPhone Health
- Solid November Sales at Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Forget Altria, These Are the Best Dividend Stocks to Own
- 4 Top Tech Stocks to Buy in December
- This Legendary Investor Just Added These 3 Stocks to His Holdings
- Natural Gas Exports Could Shift Power in U.S. Energy