Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc: How Valuable Are Its Graphics Patents?
- Markets Change. So Should You.
- Is Union Pacific Corporation Managing its Assets Well?
- Why It's Not Too Late to Buy Agenus, Inc. Stock
- Did You Know You Can Boost Your Profits With Borrowed Money?
- Why I Own Las Vegas Sands Stock Instead of Wynn Resorts and MGM Resorts