Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Russia's Richest Get Richer -- Have the Sanctions Failed?
- The 3 Most Common Loan Options for First-Time Homebuyers
- Simplicity: How This Billionaire Created the World's Largest Restaurant Chain
- This $25 Billion Hedge Fund Sold Facebook Inc. Should You?
- This $74 Billion Hedge Fund Sold World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Should You?
- Norfolk Southern's Record Earnings Point to a More Prosperous Future