Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Target Corporation?
- LINN Energy LLC Finally Strikes Oil in ExxonMobil Corporation Trade
- Is Microsoft One of the Best Companies in America?
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Can Hit A Homerun With Windows 9
- Why VIVUS, Inc. Is Today's Best Biotech Stock
- Is It Time to Buy PNC Financial Services Group Stock?