Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- STAG Industrial Keeps Growing, but How Far Can It Expand?
- Facebook, Inc. Now Has A Massive Risk Just Sitting On Its Balance Sheet
- Why Blue Nile Inc. Stock Popped Today
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now
- Williams Companies Earnings: Do Plunging Earnings Mean You Should Sell?