Net worth is the net financial position of an individual or company.
Because assets and liabilities change regularly (i.e., through investment gain or loss, paying down debt, earning additional revenue), a net worth calculation is useful as a snapshot of a particular moment in the history of an individual or company.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Boeing Company Progress Report: Boeing Orders Soar Up, Up, and Away
- The 8 Words That Propelled Warren Buffett to His $71 Billion Net Worth
- 1 Number Suggests We May Be Living Through a Second Tech Bubble
- Which Elon Musk Stock Is the Better Buy: Tesla or SolarCity?
- Are All S&P 500 ETFs the Same?
- Warren Buffett's Simple Way to Make Money Investing