In a big-picture way, net neutrality, aka network neutrality, means keeping Internet service providers from treating different types of content differently.
Net neutrality sounds great, but some worry that legislation on the topic will give the Federal Communications Commission undeserved power to regulate the Internet.
Related Fool Articles
- The Battle for Network Neutrality
- Net Neutrality and Free Speech
- Net Neutrality Redux: No Legislation Needed
- Dueling Fools: Net Neutrality
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "board name" board.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Twitter Stock: Strong Results Catapult Social Media Stocks Higher
- Will Fox Pay What Time Warner Wants?
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- Why Core Laboratories N.V. Stock Dropped Today
- Why TAL International Group, Inc. Stock Plunged Today
- Thursday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)