Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The S&P 500's 5 Most Hated Stocks
- Tuesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- Trina Solar Limited Earnings: Will Geopolitics Eclipse Growth?
- Despite the Improving Global Economy, U.S. Steel Producers are Missing Out
- Here's Why You Need Universal Corp in Your Portfolio
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs Worth Selling