Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Valeant the Berkshire Hathaway of Pharmaceuticals?
- Energen Corporation Has What Other Oil Companies Can Only Dream Of
- Shares of Glencore plc: Love Them or Leave Them?
- Why Media General, Inc. Jumped 27% Monday Morning
- Potash Corp. and Mosaic Just Hit 52-Week Lows. Time to Buy?
- 3 Major Catalysts for BP's Stock