Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why Highly Levered Oil and Gas Producers Are Getting Hammered Today
- Can Advance Auto Parts Really Catch Up to O'Reilly and AutoZone?
- National Oilwell Varco's Management Knows How, Not When, the Oil Market Will Turn
- Here's Why Pengrowth Energy Corp?s Stock Sank 15.4% in November
- Here's What Fueled Parsley Energy Inc's 10.2% Rise in November
- Could This Company Be Berkshire Hathaway's Largest "Bolt-On" Acquisition to Date?