Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Does Time Warner Inc's $6.5 Billion Buyback Make Sense?
- Airline Upgraded: Delta Air Lines Gets a Boost
- Weatherford International Plc Earnings: What You Need to Know
- 5 Reasons I'm Excited About K+S AG's Stock