Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does Natural Gas Transportation Have What It Takes to Thrive?
- The Berkshire Hathaway of Biotech Strikes Again
- Are We Crazy or Are These Energy Stocks Screaming Bargains?
- Special-Situations Investing: 2 Stocks to Buy, and 1 to Sell
- This Is What's Fueling Peabody Energy's Stock Surge Today
- What Are Delta, American, and United Doing With All of Their Cash?