Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Northrop Grumman Knocks It Out of the Park
- Rockwell Collins Stock Gets Its Wings Clipped
- Total SA Just Showed Big Oil How to Handle a Market Downturn
- 5 Things Texas Instruments Incorporated's Management Wants You to Know
- Orange SA Delivers Juicy Mobile Growth in the Second Quarter
- Is This High-Yielding Stock the Best Way to Invest in Wind?