Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Delta Air Lines: Undervalued, But Not As Cheap As 1 Metric Implies
- Is It Time to Buy United Technologies Corporation Stock?
- 5 Things Kroger's Management Wants You to Know
- Why Delta Air Lines, Inc. Stock Has Skyrocketed 43% in 2014
- United Airlines Stock Hits a New High: Why You Might Want to Sell
- Why Warren Buffett Wants to Become King of This Vital Global Industry