Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wednesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- United Technologies Corporation Earnings: Guidance Raised, Stock Price Rose in Tandem
- After a Good Quarter, Is It Time to Bet on Burlington Stores?
- More Upside for BHP Billiton Limited on Spinoff News?
- ConocoPhillips Repositioning Its Portfolio
- This Surprising Airline Is Tops in Customer Loyalty