Net debt is the level of debt remaining assuming all cash and equivalents were used to immediately pay off some (or all) of the debt. A negative number means more cash than debt.
<math>Net\ debt = Total\ debt - cash\ and\ equivalents</math>
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Herbalife Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Ways This Merger Can Supercharge Your Dividend Retirement Portfolio
- Palo Alto Networks Inc: Best Stock in the Network Security Sector?
- Why DIRECTV is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Tired of Going Broke in Vegas, 1 Top Stock to Buy With Better Odds
- Can Las Vegas Casino?s Survive a Market Crash?