A mortgage loan is when a bank lends you money to buy a house, you promise to pay it back in regular payments. The house purchased is used as collateral.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bank of America?s Latest Settlement Could Wipe Out All of This Year?s Earnings (and Then Some)
- Can Warren Buffett Save the U.S. Housing Market?
- S&P 500 Breaks Winning Streak, but Apple and Amazon Are Big Winners
- More Questions Surface About Ocwen Financial?s Convoluted Business Dealings
- 1 Thing Every Investor Needs to Do Before Buying a Mortgage REIT
- Why the Dow Jones Is Jumping Today