A mortgage loan is when a bank lends you money to buy a house, you promise to pay it back in regular payments. The house purchased is used as collateral.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- Buying a House? Why Your Down Payment Isn't Enough
- Mortgage Rates Are Low -- So Why Aren't People Buying Homes?
- 3 Bank Stocks All Retirees Should Consider Owning
- What Is a Mortgage Broker, and Should You Use One?
- 10 Infamous "Last Words" of Personal Finance