Morningstar style box
Morningstar has broken down the world of domestic mutual funds into small-, medium-, and large-cap funds and by objective -- growth, value, or blend. The Morningstar style box looks like a tic-tac-toe board.
Once you know which "style box" a fund is in, you can compare it with the other mutual funds that are similarly classified, and in many cases to a relevant index fund.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 10 Quick Topics to Brighten Your Summer
- Panera Bread Co. 2.0: Worth a Look for Long-Term Investors?
- Does the Chinese Stock Market Plunge Present a Buying Opportunity in Baidu Inc. (ADR)?
- High-Dividend Stocks: What to Look For and What to Avoid
- 5 Retailers With Impressive Same-Store Sales Growth
- Is Dollar General Corp.'s Stock a Buy?